Financial Reporting Accountant - Solihull, West Midlands
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and control for our external managed expert partnerships within the Accounts departments, focusing on:
Financial accounting – to ensure the underlying financial records accurately reflect the results of managed houses across various Group subsidiaries;
Financial control – to ensure the outsourced managed investment back office providers are providing clean financial information in line with group policies.
Accounts partner – to ensure the managed investment partners have one point of contact within the accounts team, providing support and advice where required within an accounts remit, or wider Stonegate business;
Financial Reporting – to assist the Head of Financial Reporting with any aspects of Group reporting including producing statutory accounts for the Joint Venture entities.
The role holder must ensure each key responsibility is completed within strict deadlines whilst identifying and evaluating opportunities to streamline and improve existing processes.
• Finalist or newly qualified accountant;
• Previous experience of managed house operations or reporting is strongly preferred but not essential;
• Very competent in Excel
• Navision experience desired but not essential
Key Skills Required:
• Genuine interest in Financial Reporting
• Excellent time management, organisational skills and stakeholder service under pressure to meet strict deadlines and prioritise work
• Thorough and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and proactively, whilst ensuring that key members of the Financial Reporting and wider accounts team are kept informed of progress
• To ensure the efficient completion of the periodic accounts process in respect of managed investment information, including posting accounting journals and production of supporting schedules as required;
• To assist in the review of managed investment entity statutory accounts and tax computations (where necessary);
• To ensure the managed investment accounting journals are treated correctly in line with Group policies and accounting standards;
• To review periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring unusual transactions are queried with managed investment partners in a timely manner; • Work with managed investment partners and our internal teams to ensure that all necessary controls are adhered to, that we maintain a robust control of cash and that the relevant controls set out in the managed investment agreements etc are complied with;
• Be the primary point of contact for managed investment partners for any accounts queries, but also for any wider finance queries, redirecting as necessary;
• To advice on the technical aspects around accounting for the managed investment agreements, to include consolidation, minority interest put and call options, related party transactions etc;
• To assist the Head of Financial Reporting with wider Group financial reporting, including the year end process and the production of the Joint Venture financial statements
A little bit about us…
The Solihull Pub Support Team offices are light and airy offices in Shirley, Solihull, where you will be greeted by our Welcome Team. We have free onsite secure parking with EV charging and cycle storage, a subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch, as well as an onsite pub used for social events. The offices are fully accesible.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Vitality Healthcare
- Opt in dental insurance programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- The Stonegate discount card offering discounts across our managed estate
- Online benefits portal offering discounts across the High Street and other retailers
At Stonegate Group, we're proud to be the biggest operator of pubs, bars, and late-night venues in the United Kingdom. Our leading brands are diverse and well-known, including names like Slug & Lettuce, Be At One and Popworld.
If you have a disability as outlined by the Equality Act 2010 and require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.