Relief General Catering Assistant - Derby
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: 10.75 per hour
Location: Pirelli Burton and surrounding area.
This role includes visiting other sites in the area to cover.
You will assist the Chef Manager in all aspects of food service, including taking payment for food and drinks and cleaning equipment as required.
With an excellent eye for detail and high health and safety standards, you will ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards set by our Food Safety & Quality management system. Alongside this, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining excellent stock control skills and carry out and record any checks required on behalf of the Chef Manager or Catering Supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Chef in the preparation and cooking of food
- Serve meals, snacks & drinks including taking payments.
- Clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions.
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
Ability to work as part of a team
A flexible approach to working hours
Be supportive of colleagues
Keen to learn on the job
Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
Be honest and trustworthy
Able to work independently
Have a can-do approach
Hygienic approach and manner
- Customer Care and Customer Service experience, preferably in a Catering environment - candidate must have the ability to communicate positively and confidently.
- Ability to use and understand Cash, Cash Handling, EPOS and Cashless systems.