We have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at Greggs Enfield Supply Site as a Facilities Engineer.
We can offer you:
About the role
- Competitive pay
- 21 days (4.2 weeks) annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service, plus bank holidays and 1 additional floating day
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Paid breaks
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks - internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
What you'll do
This is a full-time role, and you'll work an average of 42 hours a week 8am till 4pm
The base location for this role is Enfield Distribution Centre
This friendly and supportive Site Engineering team is led by the Engineering Manager who will be on hand to guide and advise you through your Engineering career at Greggs.
Our food manufacturing/production sites use automated and semi-automated lines to produce great products as efficiently as possible. Your time will be split between developing engineering improvements to an ever-changing environment and reacting to problems daily. Finding solutions to breakdowns quickly and effectively, comfortably engaging with the site teams to monitor equipment reliability, all in line with our policies and procedures, are all important parts of this key role.
You will work to safely maintain and improve the performance of are facilities equipment and services, delivering maintenance excellence in a planned preventive way. You'll work collaboratively within and across the site teams, including with the Maintenance Manager, Team Members and other departments. About you
You'll fit right in at Greggs as a Maintenance Engineer if you can demonstrate:
You've got a multi-skilled manufacturing background, ideally within the food or FMCG sectors
Multi-skilled with basic electrical skills and at a minimum, trained to an apprentice level
You're experienced with Microsoft 360 packages, SAP systems and are familiar with CMMS (or other), Agility experience would be advantageous
You're comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people, and you have the confidence to respond positively when under pressure
You can show us that you're able to comply with Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, which are very important us here at Greggs
Enjoy being part of a hard-working team, sharing the same end goal, and celebrating results together
Are supportive of an inclusive culture - recognising and valuing that difference is good
Want to develop and are ready to work alongside some great people and have lots of fun on your Greggs journey!
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We're hard-working, but above all else we're family; and it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We'll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.