Community Host / Leisure Assistant - Cottenham Village Academy, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Part Time, Zero hour contract
Salary: £7.49 - £10.42 per hour
Who Are Vivify? We believe nothing is more important than people’s health and happiness. What we do makes a difference. We want to inspire people everywhere to get the most out of life, bring communities together and to help schools generate much needed revenue.
We PRIDE ourselves on minimising the hassle for schools to let out their sports and leisure facilities and our Community Hosts are PASSIONATE about providing an excellent service to groups who hire those facilities.
Job Purpose: To welcome our Hirers and their groups into the schools’ facilities ensuring all facilities are opened and set up on time for each group to be able to enjoy their visits.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To deliver a world class experience for our hirers, ensuring all customers receive a positive and memorable experience. Assisting hirers with the setting up of facilities for lettings & other school related events, from setting up a badminton net to switching on the floodlights.
- Undertake light cleaning duties to ensure that the school’s premises are always left as found – from as simple as a quick sweep around and tucking chairs back under the desks or storing away equipment in the gym. We don’t want to add any extra work for the schools and teachers the next morning.
- The security and safety of our school is greatly important to Vivify. The Community Host unlocks the gates and doors, making sure they’re locked up securely again at the end of the shift.
- Throughout the shift, completing all health and safety checks and reporting any hazards or faulty equipment via our company platform ensures the high standards of the school, it’s grounds and environment are maintained and that everyone on site is kept safe and healthy.
- Full training is provided, in person and via our online training system to equip the Community Host with full understanding and knowledge of how to carry out the role including an introduction to their school site and facilities, safeguarding responsibilities, manual handling, fire safety and customer service
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the service we provide. We always find a way to make it happen if it improves either of these things and so the Community Host may be involved in other activities not listed in the responsibilities above to support the school, hirers and the Vivify team.
Who are we looking for?:
- Vivify are proud of the work we do and the difference we make to our communities. We are passionate about the service we provide. As the person closest to our schools and hirers on a day to day basis, you will operate with pride and passion too
- No problem is too tough for us. We find a way
- We make everything as simple as possible, so our administration processes and the systems we use are too
- Organised, quick to act and flexible to be able to provide the best customer experience to our hirers
- Interested in growing with Vivify, always looking to make things better and able to get involved in learning and development opportunities.
- A great communicator, able to represent Vivify with the school and our hirers in a professional way
What do we offer our employees?
- Staff uniform
- Employee of the month (voucher award!)
- Full 24hr access to our confidential corporate wellbeing programme which includes free counselling sessions.
- Milage allowance for staff that travel between partner school sites.
- Free staff parking
- Staff referral bonus and voucher scheme.
- School referral bonus.
- Career development and training opportunities.
1. Complete the short questionnaire and apply with your CV
2. We will contact you to arrange a telephone interview
3. If you are successful, Vivify request and pay for an Enhanced DBS check
4. Start date confirmed and training arranged
Safer Recruitment Policy.
Please note, this role requires us to run an Enhanced DBS check before starting your first shift.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Referral programme