Sustainability Manager - Leeds
As Sustainability Manager you will play a key role in supporting delivery of Asda Zero Waste and Net Zero commitments It is an exciting time to join us as we embark on business wide transformation and developing projects to deliver our commitments and new waste regulatory requirements.
"Everything about Asda"
We are a values-led organisation. As such we, encourage everyone to be open and honest. We work creatively and collaboratively, valuing everyone's input.
Our collaborative culture, the size of our business and our belief in the empowerment of the individual means opportunities at Asda are abundant.
We conduct 300m worth of transactions every week. Our website handles over 2 million transactions a month. We have more than 145,000 dedicated Asda colleagues ensuring that our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
"Everything you'll love."
- Hybrid and flexible working - everyone is looking for that work/life balance and Asda have it on point. Flexible working meaning you work where it works to meet both your needs and the business needs.
- Car allowance - 5,700 car allowance / electric company car
- Discretionary bonus - Rewarding you for your hard work and efforts.
- Company Pension Scheme matched to a limit - Looking forward to the future.
- Minimum 24 days annual leave per year plus 8 bank holidays - Making sure you take time for yourself and switch off.
- 4 weekly pay - which means you get an extra payday a year.
- Digital GP and Wellbeing sessions - Asda genuinely cares so we create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of all our people is very important to us.
- Discount off your shopping at Asda and George - with extra discounts running throughout the year - really makes a difference, saving the colleagues an average of 700 a year.
- Career development and apprenticeship and graduate schemes - we want our colleagues to excel and grow with our business.
- Free city centre parking - you can also use it outside working hours.
Plus, much more!
"That's more like it."
"Find your role"
In this exciting role you will directly support our work on delivering the Zero-Waste roadmap. Projects could include but not exclusive to EPR, deposit return scheme, food waste reduction, cup and vape takeback and other waste and recycling commitments.
You will be the subject matter expert and lead communications and act as point of contact both internally and externally.
You will play a critical role in driving new thinking across the sustainability, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholder teams, suppliers, and partners.
"Let's find out about you."
- You have a strong project management track record, in a retail or similar fast-paced environment.
- You will be comfortable leading cross functional teams and a good understanding of managing moving deadlines, multiple project strands, and critical paths.
- Ability to establish and build strong networks/relationships with stakeholders from across the business.
- An excellent communicator - able to create and present information in a clear and engaging way, tailored to the needs of the individual audience, and have very strong written / presentational, and verbal communication.
- Resilient and agile with the ability to flex priorities to meet the changing needs of the commercial agenda, and broader business.
- Be highly organised, and be able to prioritise effectively, and manage and complete work plans and projects effectively, within defined time scales.
- Passionate, innovative, and suited to working in an ever changing work environment.
- Previous experience of managing data and creating reporting templates. Utilising data to identify risks and opportunities and to develop new ideas and concepts.
- Sustainability, waste or retail experience would be favourable, but not essential, but you will have a personal passion for the agenda and be willing to learn on the job.
"Find your everything at Asda" - bringing brighter living within everyone's reach.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join Asda.