Community Coach - Halstead
Can you deliver engaging and inspiring coaching sessions for young people?
We are recruiting for Community Coaches to be part of the Safer Streets Project in Halstead.
Fusion’s Community Coaches inspire a passion for sport in others. As a coach you will lead, motivate and build the skills and knowledge of a whole host of people, from a range of backgrounds, abilities and ages. You will welcome everyone and have a natural ability to build rapport and trust, whilst running sessions effectively and efficiently, and setting realistic goals.
To be successful as Sports Coach with Fusion, you will need experience of working in a comparable role with the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers. You will need to have excellent communication skills; including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback, and strong numerical and written skills. Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation and different learning styles is also desirable.
You will also need as a necessity:
- A Level 1 or 2 coaching qualification from relevant governing body
Some of the responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Undertaking sessions according to the programme timetable and ensuring classes commence at the designated times
- Providing options and realistic goals that take individual customers’ needs and abilities into account
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of sessions, including equipment set-up and take-down
- Undertaking all administrative tasks associated with the position and assisting in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services
- Assisting in the development of programming through your innovative ideas, and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Ensuring all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Maintaining own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you want to further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced *Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.