Relief Chef - Wakefield
Caterlink is the education sector catering specialist. For over 20 years, the Company has delivered fresh food solutions to pupils and staff at Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across the UK. The company caters more than 1,000,000 meals a week. Our "Fresh Food Policy" is the foundation of our success and growth in the market coupled with a desire to truly deliver on the promises we make to our clients and support our site-based teams.
We are looking for a Mobile Chef/Cook to support our existing site-based teams in and around the Wakefield area who will ensure our future generations are provided with nutritionally balanced and tasty food. We are looking for an organised, hard-working and passionate individual to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the required standard. You should be passionate about delivering an efficient service to our students whilst ensuring we maintain great customer service and high food safety standards.
This role will be a mobile based role so you will need to have your own transport. You will personally plan, prepare and cook meals to the required standard and you will ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers. Other tasks will include producing the menus and managing the stock count/ordering processes, ensuring all food safety and health and safety procedures are applied continuously and carry out company bookwork.
Caterlink is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be obtained for this role.
Caterlink strives to always provide a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all our teams where every individual is treated with respect, integrity and has the opportunity to grow and be treated equally and with fairness at all times.
There are many advantages to working for us including:
- With Caterlink you have the opportunity to a blended learning programme that can include formal qualifications including Apprenticeships, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training to support and encourage your development and enable you to be the best you can be. Everyone who joins us is provided with an induction where they learn more about us and enable them to be the best they can be. We invest in development opportunities and are always looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent and your own future development.
- Working for Caterlink ensure you are able to enjoy a great work/life balance - this is the beauty of working term-time only and no weekends!
- We offer you access to our Employee Discount Platform where you can make great savings at supermarkets, cinema, restaurants as well as holiday discounts, family days out and many more!
- Our Employee Assistance Program and Virtual GP benefits are there for you and your family to use free of charge at any time
- You may be eligible to join our Pension scheme