Administrator (Document Clerk) - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you looking to work in a busy environment as part of a team delivering a service?
Are you looking for a challenge on a permanent basis?
Have you got experience working within administration or data entry?
Looking for a full time Monday – Friday role with no evenings or weekends?
We are currently recruiting an Soldiers Document Clerk - Administrator to be a part of our integral team in Catterick, Garrison DL9 4AD
For this role you must have strong IT skills such as MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel - Skills tests are part of the interview and selection process
DBS and security clearance checks are required due to the nature of workplace.
Perks of the job
- A salary of £20,116.70 per year
- 37 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8am - 4pm, Friday 8am - 3pm
- Pension contribution and life assurance
- Cycle 2 Work scheme / Refer a friend scheme
- Free on site parking
- Online shopping discounts through Mystaffshop, including weekly discounts off your supermarket shop!
- You will also be joining a great team, with fabulous career prospect and could lead to all sorts of opportunities – we LOVE to promote from within!
- As we are passionate about developing our people from within, great training is provided, we do not look for experience, we need a good attitude and the willingness to learn.
What you'll be doing
- Receive all patients and visitors to the Medical Centre. Make appointments using the appropriate systems.
- Receipt, log, route, hasten and file all reports from outside units/agencies/departments.
- Registration and de-registration of patients on Primary Health Care Information System database.
- Updating of patient registration details/status.
- Maintenance of appointment registers and preparation of clinic lists.
- Call forward and liaise with patients as required.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the unit stats for all minor unit vaccinations by running searches and reporting all information on a monthly basis. Manage clinics to maximise the deployability of the unit.
- Supervise and co-ordinate unit stats for all minor unit downgraded personnel by running searches and reporting all information on a monthly basis.
- Manage and co-ordinate all medical information in preparation for monthly unit health boards.
- Deal appropriately with military enquiries, both in person and on the telephone.
- Liaise with units and Practice staff as required (e.g. booking/arranging audiograms, vaccinations, routine medical examinations). Ensure appointments are published on relevant Orders as required.
- Work closely with units to facilitate visibility of the Forecast of Events and co-ordinate, manage and prepare all medical documentation for courses and deployments
- Maintain the military medical documentation
- Co-ordinate and organise cover on clinics for vaccination parades and medicals.
- Act as point of contact and manage the Sickness Absence Management for ‘out of area’ soldiers and those injured on deployments, working closely with the SAM Team, York.
- Prepare all documentation for Medical Boards and actively chase the completion of documents from unit to prevent delays.
- Respond to all queries from patients, outside agencies, units and departments in an appropriate manner, where necessary directing enquiries to the most suitable person.
- All filing.
- Update soldiers personal details on the wounded injured sick management information system.
- Attend patient tracking conferences for all soldiers from the North who are receiving in-patient care.
- Admin skills essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment is desirable
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- DBS checks required
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.