Leisure Attendant (Dry) - Stretford Sports Village - Stretford, Greater Manchester
Trafford Leisure is on the lookout!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Trafford Leisure team, we are a Leading Leisure provider across Trafford and we work together to get the people of Trafford to move more everyday!
Trafford Leisure is a community interest company, we exist to benefit the Trafford community and we are committed to being a responsible and sustainable employer. We are the largest operator of sport and leisure facilities in Trafford, operating nine indoor facilities, one golf course and driving range and 31 outdoor football pitches, attracting over 2 million visits and employing a workforce of over 300 people. Our team support, guide and motivate people and communities to get healthy and be active and we want YOU to become part of this fantastic team.
As the business recovers from COVID and we look forward to the future Trafford Leisure has a lot to be excited about. Alongside our recent £7million development of Urmston which opened in 2020, Trafford Council will be continuing their investment plan into indoor Leisure across Trafford. Altrincham, Sale and Stretford’s Leisure Centre’s will be refurbished turning these busy but tired facilities into modern, inspiring, fit for purpose Centre’s under the continued roll out of Trafford Leisure’s new brand. Alongside this we need to ensure we have a developed and committed team across Trafford Leisure to allow us to continue delivering a first class service to our customer.
The role: In this role you will be responsible for:
- To be the qualified first aider on site and to deal with any incidents on site.
- You will have responsibility to open and close the centre.
- To be the face of the centre working as a meet and greet and to be able to use our booking system.
- To ensure that the facility is clean and presentable at all times.
- Playing your part in communicating with other teams to ensure that services and products we provide to our customers, both internal and external, are consistent and of a first class standard
- Working as part of the Centre’s team you will support your Manager in delivering the projects and objectives of your team
- Preparing activity areas and equipment to meet the needs of the days programme
- Listening and responding to customer’s needs and requests
- You will be responsible for providing a high quality service to both our customers.
- You will be responsible for creating a positive impression on the customers you welcome to your Centre ensuring they enjoy a safe and professional visit each and every time.
- Your role ultimately will contribute to keeping us at the forefront of leisure provision and generating growth and development for the continued success of the business.
We are looking for motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual’s to join our team at an exciting period of change for Trafford Leisure.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Preferably hold a current First Aid at Work Qualification (although we can support you through this if you are the right person)
- Preferably DBS certified
- Committed to providing a First Class Customer Service
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Confident in dealing with a diverse community in a polite and professional manner
- Able to cope under pressure
- Have excellent communication and administration skills
- Have ambition to develop and progress
Working Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 4.45pm to 10.00pm, (15.75 hours per week)
Location: Old Trafford Sports Barn
Contract Type: 6 month temporary contract
What you can expect from us?
Our business is led by a small, passionate and professional group of individuals. We work together to support and lead our dedicated teams across the organisation which despite its size and number of locations has a fantastic family feel. As one of its strongest assets, we focus our attention on the people we employ, by providing training and continual development, only through this can we achieve the high levels of service and provision to our customers.
As well as training and development as a Trafford Leisure employee you will be rewarded with;
- £8,927.10 per annum
- A progressive, structured and supportive environment in which to work
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday, raising to 35 days after 5-years’ service, (including bank holiday’s)
- Company sick pay
- Health and Ride 2 Work schemes
- Complementary Fitness Membership for you
- Heavily discounted Fitness Membership for up to 5 of your Family & Friends
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Employee health scheme – including Confidential Counselling
- Employee Assistant Programme which as an employee could claim back up to £1150 per year of healthcare costs
- Access to a Perks at Work scheme for discounts
- Access to Manchester Credit Union for savings and loans
Equality, equity, diversity and inclusion (EEDI)
Equality, equity, diversity and inclusion is critical for the success of Trafford Leisure and the achievement of our vision. We aspire to being a diverse, inclusive and responsible employer as we recognise that having a diverse workforce is essential to bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to our organisation, so we particularly welcome applications from minority, marginalised and diverse groups, and we in turn promise a fair and unbiased recruitment process. If there is anything you need support you to apply for a position then please do get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
The Next Steps
We’re looking to appoint as soon as possible, so if this sounds like the perfect role for you, don’t delay, apply TODAY by completing an application form and attaching your CV!
*Remember to specify the role and Centre you are applying for.
We do not accept speculative CV from Agencies and any CV’s received will be treated as a gift.