Leisure Assistant - Regents Park, London
Locations: Regents Park, London & Lammas Park, Ealing, London
Salary: £11.95 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Parksports team at as a centre assistant.
We are a growing public sports operator with fantastic venues across London, providing excellent outdoor sports activities to the public. Our business is led by a passionate and professional group of individuals who work closely together to provide support and leadership to our centre teams.
We focus our attention on providing detailed training and continual development of our staff, we believe this leads to excellent service being provided to our customers also providing an opportunity for our employees to progress their careers in the sports industry.
What we are looking for in a centre assistant is someone with a can-do attitude, a person who can time manage their shifts to complete tasks, and support management in the efficient running of the sports centre. If you are a hardworking, flexible, punctual, team player with excellent organisational, written and verbal skills, you are exactly who we want to join our dedicated team here at Parksports.
- Responsible for the day to day running of reception including the opening and closing of both the centre and courts.
- Ensures that the service provided is to the standards required by the relevant organisations and governing bodies, such as the LTA.
- Attend to all daily office administration including, but not limited to answering queries from the public both verbally and in writing, via in person, email, live chat and phone calls, managing bookings, and adhering to GDPR policy.
- Acts as receptionist by operating electronic booking and management system. Microsoft Excel experience a plus.
- Maintains, cleans and tidies the facility including changing rooms, toilets, and outside area. Carry out all cleaning duties as required.
- Where necessary, prepare the courts. Carrying out duties such as taking down and putting up tennis court nets and ensuring all areas are hazard free before use.
- Promote and sell the sports equipment on display in the centre and issue and monitor the use of sports equipment such as Demo Rackets.
- Ensure that the premises are secure when opening in the morning and locking up at night and being responsible for a set of keys.
- To assist with the safeguarding of children using the facilities daily.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function of the day to day running of the facility.
- Enrolment into the pension scheme.
- Starting salary of the London Living Wage
- Free lunch and hot refreshments whilst on shift.
- 50% off all confectionary and cold drinks.
- Free use of courts and pitches where available.
- Training and development programme.
Please do provide a covering letter, detailing why you are the perfect candidate for the position above, along with an up-to-date CV (with references) when applying for this role.