Data Analyst - Leeds
Are you passionate about using data to influence and transform decision making? Do you have experience leveraging data to unlock value and want to continue this journey?
Working within the data and analytics team you will work direct with colleagues across the business to truly understand how key business decisions are made, how various functions are connected through these decisions, and ultimately what are the right metrics, insight and process to optimise these processes.
You will then build bespoke commercial and operational data models that drive the right decision-making process. You will be responsible for the design, build and implementation of these models working through the full life cycle. Whether you are supporting our buyers with promotional planning, or logistics colleagues with stock routing you will help support business transformation.
You will be part of a team within a diverse data function, as well as supporting activities across the wider organisation, requiring a strong team work ethic and a desire to develop working relationships. This role provides many opportunities to further develop your communication, technical and analytical skillsets and help support us in putting the customer first.
As Asda moves through its digital and data transformation, you'll be joining Asda at the right time. Leveraging data and analytics is a foundation to Asda's transformation strategy and you would be at the very heart of this!
- You will be customer-focussed with a desire to effect change on behalf of our customers.
- Experience understanding key business processes and interrogating them for opportunities
- Confident in identifying opportunities yourself and driving the direction of a project ensuring value is delivered
- Have a passion to design and build data models to deliver against the opportunities identified
- Able to support with embedding models into ways of working across the business by delivering training and coaching for end users
- Comfortable querying, manipulating and transforming large datasets (through SQL, Azure or equivalent) and have knowledge of data architecture
- Experience working with complex and technical planning & decision making models in Anaplan or equivalent
- Plan developments across a project planning ahead to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Build stakeholder relationships by delivering with integrity and leadership
- Lead best practice service by working within the agreed Service Management Framework delivering and meeting the appropriate SLAs.
Work Where it Works
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team, as well as across our network of stores and depots.
In return you will receive an exceptional benefits package including -
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount with extra discount days run throughout the year
- Free city centre parking
- Corporate perks including discounted gym memberships, insurances etc.
- Plus much more!
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.