Retail Manager - Enfield, London
Salary and Hours: £24,368.00 per annum including London allowance, 35 hours per week
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Based: Enfield Marie Curie shop
Closing date: We are reviewing applications as soon as they are received. We advise you APPLY NOW if you are interested.
Interview process: If your application is deemed successful, you will be invited into the store for an interview.
Marie Curie is one of the UK's most loved charities and the leader in end-of-life care and support. We're fighting for a better end of life for all because we believe that every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. You may have seen our recent TV advert.
Our Retail Manager role offers a fantastic opportunity for you to build on your existing retail experience and commercial thinking to create an inviting shop which encourages sales and promotes excellent customer service.
No week is the same and you'll have bags of variety in your role.
Your key tasks will include:
- Sales & Stock Generation. Where you'll get to be creative, always looking for opportunities to attract new customers/supporters every day.
- Management of Staff and Volunteers. You'll get to work with some amazing people. Taking the lead in recruiting, training, managing and supporting volunteers to ensures the effective operation of the shop
- Administration. You will ensure all financial reporting and management, cash handling, daily banking and security procedures are followed.
You'll be part of a friendly, passionate team with a manager who supports you and your career development.
And best of all, the work you do every day will make a real difference in people's lives.
What we are looking for:
- Previous/current retail management experience, with experience of cash handling and financial management procedures (including completion of sales records).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven supervisory or line management experience.
- Passion for the Marie Curie brand
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
This role will be subject to receiving a satisfactory Basic criminal record check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve.