Duty Security Officer - Covent Garden, London
The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leaders in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
Job title: Duty Security Officer
Inspired & supported by: Director of Security
Salary: £34,058 plus Tronc bonus
*The shifts are 4 on 4 off including days and nights.
Your purpose will be:
To work closely with managers and leaders across the Hotel and always maintaining good public relations and Safety and Security awareness through training. To control access to Back of House areas, monitor alarms and deal with visitors and enquiries
Your Key Responsibilities:
- To ensure the staff swipe in and out correctly, monitoring that staff have the right degree of access, in the correct time zone and they use the access cards correctly and prevent unauthorised entry into the Hotel and ensuring that visitors are correctly documented and directed to their destination
- To issue and receive keys, create new staff IDS and record appropriate names and times
- To carry out patrols of Back of House & front of house areas to ensure doors are locked or open as required and fire exits clear
- To monitor the CCTV and report any unusual activity to In-house Security for closer investigation and perform bag searches of staff and contractors leaving the building recording searches in the Log Book
- To liaise with supervisors regarding the disabling of fire alarms where steam cleaning is in progress
- To ensure that all accidents and incidents are correctly recorded and reported and injured persons receive either first aid or hospital treatment as required
- To monitor the Fire Alarm panel, Panic Alarm and Showcase alarm panel and Door alarm panel.
- To ensure a correct and efficient hand over at the end of shift and ensure that all records and the Security Log are correctly maintained
- To comply with all Health & Safety legislation, using working practices that are safe and sensible to your colleagues and to yourself
What you will need to do in this role:
- 1-3 years’ experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Proven organizational skills work well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
- Valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence - Essential
- Valid First Aid Certificate – Desirable
- Additional Health & Safety, SIA CCTV, Defibrillator or Fire Marshall / Warden training or qualifications a distinct advantage
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- 31 days of holiday including public holidays (increase to 33 days after 5 years)
- Cashback scheme for everyday wellbeing/healthcare expenses for all colleagues
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility and gym membership discount
- Free stay at The Savoy after successful completion of probation
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- 50% discount at our iconic American & Beaufort Bars
- 50% discount at our world-famous Afternoon Tea
- 50% discount at our spa and florist
- Savoy hotel discount and discount across Accor hotels worldwide
- 50% discount at Gordon Ramsay's River Restaurant and Savoy Grill
- 30% at Gordon Ramsay restaurants outside the hotel
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities. Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities. Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."