Duty Manager - Newham, London
1x 40hr role
Overview / Purpose of Role
Responsible for day to day operational management of the centre (when on duty) including programming, staff supervision, health and safety, cleanliness and customer service.
To be part of the centre management team and always contribute to the business’ success through active promotion and ensuring first class customer service.
- The post holder reports to the Assistant General Manager/General Manager, and will work closely with other team members
- The post holder will be required to work evenings, weekends and public holidays in order to meet service requirements
- The post holder will be required to wear a uniform
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- Maintain a positive image of the centre to customers by providing consistently welcoming, helpful and professional service and ensuring exceptional standards of presentation throughout the centre at all times
- Pro-actively anticipate customer feedback whenever possible in addition to handling customer complaints, concerns and comments ensuring customer satisfaction through ownership and resolution of issues
- To ensure all wet and dry activities are set up in timely manner and run according to programme making sure activities are delivered safely and effectively
- To ensure the safety of customers whilst they use the centre at all times following all relevant guidelines, regulations and procedures
- To ensure all pool safety / operating procedures are in place and adhered to
- To complete all necessary shift paperwork as required and maintain all appropriate records, systems, and financial processes in accordance with standard operating procedures
- To maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness inside and outside the building at all times
- Assist management to continuously improve energy utilisation
- To keep records of all maintenance, repairs and tests of plant and equipment carried out
- To provide hands on support and leadership of any area of the operation as required
- Meet all Health + Safety requirements, including but not limited to fire evacuation, COSHH etc
- To supervise operational staff effectively to ensure a quality service
- Ensure hands on leadership which instils and inspires staff to work to a high standard
- Supervision of all staff on shift, effectively allocating work and carrying out any other duties as required commensurate with each post’s level of responsibility (including cover at other centres when required)
- To line manage shift team members and ensuring correct payroll procedures are carried out
- To manage rotas and casual staff cover when required effectively balancing service levels and cost control
- To ensure that all necessary qualifications for the post are maintained and renewed
- Keep abreast of trends and developments within leisure and health and fitness, and discuss own training and development needs with line manager
Protecting Staff and Services
Adherence to health and safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.