Lifeguard - Newham, London
Job Type: Various hours Part time/ Full time
Salary: £11.95 per hour
We have exciting opportunities for qualified Lifeguards at activeNewham, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. You will be making a significant contribution to the community we support by helping the London Borough of Newham deliver on its 50 Steps to a Healthier Newham Strategy.
We are a diverse and ambitious organisation, which will give you job security and all the challenge you could wish for. Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communities with inspirational colleagues and customers.
As a Lifeguard you will:
- hold a National Poolside Lifeguarding Qualification
- be flexible about your location and hours of work
- be responsible for the supervision and safety of customers using our swimming pool facilities.
- have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
- have an eye for first class cleanliness and will put this into action whenever required.
In the Lifeguard Role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training and swimming teacher qualifications.
There are many opportunities available for you within activeNewham. Starting your career with us as a Lifeguard is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Fitness, Swim Teaching or Customer Service.
What benefits do you get working for activeNewham:
- 31 days holiday (inc. UK Bank Holidays)
- Company Sick Pay after 6 months of service
- Free leisure centre membership for you and your partner
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive Occupational Health Scheme
- Training and Development
- Progression planning