Swimming Teacher - Newham, London
Job Type: Various Hours Part time / Full time
Salary: £17.89 per hour
Swimming Teacher – leading Leisure Centres in the London Borough of Newham
We have exciting opportunities for qualified Swimming Teachers at activeNewham, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. You will be making a significant contribution to the community we support by helping the London Borough of Newham deliver on its 50 Steps to a Healthier Newham Strategy.
We are a diverse and ambitious organisation, which will give you job security and all the challenge you could wish for. Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in a fantastic community with inspirational colleagues and customers.
As a Swimming Teacher you will:
- A true love of swimming with a friendly caring personality
- Swim England (ASA) Level 2 or STA Full Swimming Instructor Qualifications (or the equivalent international qualification)
- A recognized pool rescue qualification (preferable but not essential)
- have experience of swimming teaching
- be flexible about your location and hours of work
- have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
In the Swimming Teacher role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training and lifeguarding qualifications.
There are many opportunities available for you within activeNewham. Starting your career with us as a Swimming Teacher is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Fitness, Lifeguarding or Customer Service.
What benefits do you get working for activeNewham:
- 31 days holiday (inc. UK Bank Holidays) pro- rated for part time, 12.07% x hours worked for casual.
- Company Sick Pay after 6 months of service (Not applicable for casual workers)
- Free leisure centre membership for you and your partner
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive Occupational Health Scheme
- Training and Development
- Progression planning