Area Manager - Yorkshire
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Location Specific
The Role and Key Duties
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operations and sales activity within the area.
- Proactive management of the area’s sales and operations to achieve consistency and excellence in agreed service levels.
- Collaboration with General Managers in regards to sales and operational performance and the development of the processes to underpin growth.
- Management of controls and procedures to maintain and monitor standards and performance in line with benchmarks.
- Continual monitoring of the quality and standards of cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance of all areas of the gyms within the area.
- Line management / performance management / professional development of the General Managers (and other staff as appropriate) to include inspirational leadership and coaching, mentoring and performance reviews and the identification of underperformance and the necessary interventions.
- Selection, appraisal and discipline of staff, in collaboration with General Managers (and senior management where appropriate).
- Management of the necessary H&S aspects and fulfilment of policies and procedures.
- Management of financial controls combined with collaboration with General Managers to achieve maximum operational profitability of their gym.
- Regular reporting to Head of Operations / Regional Business Manager re: sales / operational performance, issues and improvements including the delivery of detailed multi-level reports.
- Identification of opportunities for growth, development, cost saving initiatives and positive change.
- Strong management and consideration of energy / environmental issues and waste management.
- Analysis and presentation of key data to support new ideas / initiatives / proposed developments.