Reservations Agent - Birmingham Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Delta Hotels Forest of Arden Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Schedule
Are you seeking to grow your skills with endless career opportunities?, work beside teammates that feel like family?, experience working for an employer that puts your wellbeing at the heart of everything it does?, enjoy monthly celebrations, treats and recognition? and make a difference in the local community? Then Delta Hotels by Forest of Arden is the place for you!
The impact you'll make
First impressions are everything. And you'll set the tone for every guest's stay. With a genuinely warm welcome you will handle all day-to-day enquiries, answering and responding to all incoming calls, messages and requests in a warm and friendly way. Anything to help make their visit that bit more special.
What you'll do
- Answer, respond to and process all guest calls and emails
- Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers.
- Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system
- Process all guest cancellations and apply charges where appropriate
- Maximise revenue through upselling and cross selling
- Give guests information and directions regarding property and local areas of interest
- Process payments for room charges
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Complete a daily arrivals check
What we're looking for
- Experience in a similar role within a hotel environment
- A warm, people-oriented demeanour
- A team-first attitude
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
Perks you deserve
In addition to an hourly rate of 11.00, ensuring you are paid for every hour worked, we'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Health & Wellbeing - complimentary Leisure Club Membership & discounted Golf Rates because your wellbeing is important
- Meals - Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dining Facility
- Uniform & dry-cleaning service
- Discounts - Enrolment in Perks at Work - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema's and more
- Travel - Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family, 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Holidays - 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service
- Pay - Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Health - Cycle to work scheme
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Flexibility - do you need flexibility in your life, talk to us as we know worklife balance is important
- Take Care Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Develop and Grow - Comprehensive Training and Development programs
- Career - career progression opportunities are endless as the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide
- Celebrate - Awards and Recognition Celebrations
- Events - Monthly Calendar of Associate Focused & Fun Events
With this role you will be working 40 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends on a mixture of early and late shifts - do you need flexibility in your life? We are happy to discuss this with you!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you apply online or email Vee Owen, HR Officer email@example.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Delta Hotels provide a seamless travel experience that has been thoughtfully designed with the essential needs of the modern frequent traveler in mind. We flawlessly deliver the key essentials guests need and we work hard to eliminate everything they don't. At Delta Hotels by Marriott, we are always warm, wise and in control so our guests can focus on what's most important. With a strong presence in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, Delta Hotels by Marriott is rapidly expanding across markets all around the world. If you enjoy delivering purposeful service and focusing on the details that matter, we invite you to explore jobs at Delta Hotels by Marriott. In joining Delta Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.