Catering Manager - Brecon
We're recruiting an experienced Catering Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently oversee all Compass Group UK&I catering and service operations for Defence on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our kitchens and service counters run smoothly and helping to deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you'll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as Defence's next Catering Manager? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious food to the highest standards
- Supervising our culinary and catering teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the efficiency of all in-unit catering operations, including managing inventories, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Identifying opportunities for new food or service concepts to drive sales
- Liaising between customers and our culinary and service teams to ensure we continue to exceed expectations
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Catering Manager - Brecon Infantry Battle School
37000 per annum
40 hours per week
Our ideal Catering Manager will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have a minimum of two years of catering experience
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Hold an NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Demonstrate brilliant financial acumen
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/2411/94397001/52608658/ONE
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!