Conference & Events Manager - Maynooth, County Kildare
Located just outside the University town of Maynooth, County Kildare; Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel, is a luxury resort set on 1,100 acres of private parkland. Owned by the US-based Mullen family since December 2017, the hotel re-opened in June 2021 after an extensive refurbishment as Ireland's first and only Fairmont property and the oldest in the prestigious collection. With 1,100 acres of sweeping parkland, ancient woodlands, lakes, and the meandering River Rye, the resort is home to 2 championship golf courses, state of the art sports training facilities, award-winning Spa & Wellness facilities, impressive conference and banqueting facilities catering up to 500 people as well as 169 guest bedrooms.
As one of Ireland’s most exquisite national treasures, when you arrive at Carton House you enter a place rich with over three centuries of history. It is certainly not your typical hotel; history lies around each and every corner. Built-in 1739 and originally the ancestral home of the Earls of Kildare and the Dukes of Leinster, this hotel was once at the heart of Irish history. Today, it is one of Ireland's much-loved resort properties.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team at Carton House now that we are part of the Fairmont group. With more than 75 locations around the globe, Fairmont is known for its grand and awe-inspiring properties, many of which are steeped in history and are a focal point of their local regions. We are sure you will agree that Carton House fits this description perfectly, and we are now searching for the best people to join us in writing this most exciting chapter yet.
Join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story.
There has never been a more exciting time to embark on a career with us. Carton House is the first and only member of the Fairmont Hotel and Resorts brand in Ireland, one of the worlds most storied hotel brands.
We invite you to join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story. We want to meet people with a passion for service, innovation and going the extra mile for both our guests and colleagues. In doing so, we offer a workplace that puts excellence and innovation at the forefront while championing a diverse and inclusive team.
We are currently recruiting a Conference & Events Manager to join our Food & Beverage team at Carton House.
- Establishes high standards of service for personnel in all positions within the department.
- Reviews new techniques for product service and presentation to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Consults with the Sales & Events team to help ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Greets guests and oversees actual service on a consistent basis.
- Take full charge of the planning and implementing for special resort events and banquet functions.
- Ensures correct handling procedures to minimize china and glassware breakage and food waste.
- Ensures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Develops on-going professional development and training programs for service personnel.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all banquet equipment and facilities.
- Ensure smooth running of the daily operation such as mise-en-place, sequence of service and breakdown/set up procedures.
- Ensures that the team actively creates Sparkle moments that are based on personalization and creativity and promotes those.
- Effectively & responsibly handles guests’ requests by adopting a “one-stop” approach.
- Manage departmental Profit & Loss by controlling departmental expenses and by generating extra revenue.
- Prepare strategies, establishes effective goals, measurements and action plans for the department related to: Colleague Engagement, Guest Satisfaction, Leading Quality Assurance, ALL Loyalty program and financial results.
The successful candidate will:
- Full flexibility – this is a full-time role, flexibility and shift work is required.
- A real understanding of hotel operation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent spoken & written English.
- Outgoing, bubbly and confidence in dealing with a range of customers.
- Previous hospitality experience in a similar role essential.
- A structured and organized approach to work planning.
Why work for Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel?
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Additional annual leave with continuous service.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities. Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities. Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."