Groups, Conference and Events Sales Manager - Maynooth, County Kildare
Located just outside the University town of Maynooth, County Kildare; Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel, is a luxury resort set on 1,100 acres of private parkland. Owned by the US-based Mullen family since December 2017, the hotel re-opened in June 2021 after an extensive refurbishment as Ireland's first and only Fairmont property and the oldest in the prestigious collection. With 1,100 acres of sweeping parkland, ancient woodlands, lakes, and the meandering River Rye, the resort is home to 2 championship golf courses, state of the art sports training facilities, award-winning Spa & Wellness facilities, impressive conference and banqueting facilities catering up to 500 people as well as 169 guest bedrooms.
As one of Ireland’s most exquisite national treasures, when you arrive at Carton House you enter a place rich with over three centuries of history. It is certainly not your typical hotel; history lies around each and every corner. Built-in 1739 and originally the ancestral home of the Earls of Kildare and the Dukes of Leinster, this hotel was once at the heart of Irish history. Today, it is one of Ireland's much-loved resort properties.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team at Carton House now that we are part of the Fairmont group. With more than 75 locations around the globe, Fairmont is known for its grand and awe-inspiring properties, many of which are steeped in history and are a focal point of their local regions. We are sure you will agree that Carton House fits this description perfectly, and we are now searching for the best people to join us in writing this most exciting chapter yet.
A five-star career awaits at Carton House.
We invite you to begin your next career chapter at Carton House – a storied and dynamic five-star resort destination and the first and only member of the Fairmont Hotel collection in Ireland.
Nurturing a working environment built on fairness, inclusivity, and growth for all team members, we deliver the highest standard of service, turning moments into memories for all of our guests.
We currently recruiting a full time Groups, Conference and Events Sales Manager to join our team at Carton House.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the GC&E Office and GC&E team.
- Attend weekly Commercial Meetings and chair the GC&E focused Commercial meeting.
- Control conversion and ensure targets are met.
- Meet the 24 hour response times on all enquiries.
- Update Group RN and C&E figures weekly and chair weekly GC&E meetings.
- Assist Commercial Director in weekly forecasting and practice strong forecast accuracy.
- Ensure event proposals are responded to in a timely manner and followed up accordingly.
- Ensure run through on Function sheets is completed weekly and all relevant details is recorded.
- Liaise with Operations team on large enquiries to ensure we are selling space correctly.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a real understanding of hotel operations and specifically Conference and Events.
- Passion, energy, enthusiasm.
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent spoken & written English.
- Knowledge of Opera ideal but not essential.
- Previous 4/5* hotel experience.
- A structured and organized approach to work planning
Why work for Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel?
- To be part of Accor’s large global hospitality network.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Refer a Friend bonus of €250.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities. Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities. Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."