Assistant Manager - Cranbrook
Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring – Part Time Assistant Manager
Who We Are:
Fusion Lifestyle has the mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. We are a registered charity and we invest back into the communities that we serve.
Who You Are:
We are looking for local people who share our passion for customer service, accept only the best, and have the ‘can-do’ attitude that creates the positive atmosphere in our centres. As a person you’ll be engaging; always championing exemplary standards and service; and a leader capable of empowering you team.
To be successful as an Assistant Manager with Fusion Lifestyle you’ll need management experience, preferably in the leisure, hospitality or retail sectors, (or sectors with high customer footfall), alongside the ability to inspire, motivate and develop your team. You’ll need to be a resilient, results-driven and solutions-focused team player.
Fusion’s Assistant Managers:
Our Assistant Managers keep our centres running with day-to-day management and assisting in the overall management of the Centre as well as deputising for the General Manager in their absence. Our Assistant Managers also drive membership sales and secondary revenue, control expenditure, champion health and safety and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures; all whilst promoting the highest levels of customer service and staff engagement!
As you'll be working part time hours, you will need to be flexible and adaptable, with the availability to work a varied rotation of shifts; which will include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some public holidays.
What you will do:
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to the delivery of Fusion’s vision, strategy and values
- Ensure that the centre financial targets and KPIs have been communicated to relevant team members, and that appropriate plans are in place to ensure targets are achieved
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Duty Manager role when on a duty management shift, which will include the facilitation of operational shifts
- Assist in delivering local sales and marketing plans for membership (and swim school for sites with pools)
- Continuously review the Centre’s fitness, group exercise, and other dry side programming (and wet side programmes for sites with pools)
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the centre, covering both financial and non-financial aspects of the business. Ensure revenue protection compliance and conduct weekly audits
- Support the preparation of annual service plans, financial plans and statistics
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring that all contracts, licences and documentation required for the safe and effective operation of the centre are in place and adhered to consistently
- Ensure the centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by the management team and employees
- Support the General Manager in leading and developing high performing teams through effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the centre
- Ensure the centre is properly resourced, and staff are optimally deployed to deliver business objectives; personally providing emergency shift cover across the centre as required, and as qualified for
- Champion in role, lead and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate
- First Aid at Work and AED qualification (essential*)
- Pool Plant Operator qualification (essential for sites with pools*)
- National Pool Lifeguard qualification (essential for sites with pools*)
*Something on this list you can't tick off? That's a good thing - because we can teach you!
What We Can Do For You:
We can provide training and qualifications in a range of leisure activities as well as providing skills for life. Our extensive range of training and development opportunities have options for full or part funding. We offer attractive employee benefits and competitive rates of pay.
If you want to further your career in leisure within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community