Chef - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Do you love working as part of a team in a busy environment?
Do you love making food that puts a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a fresh new challenge where no day is the same?
Fancy no evenings and mainly a Monday – Friday, only working 1 weekend in 3?
If so, we have a job for you!
We are currently recruiting a Chef to work with our team at Vimy Barracks, Catterick Garrison DL9 3LS
What's in it for you
- £10.70 per hour
- Full time – 35 hours a week – 6am – 1.30pm
- Mainly Monday – Friday with the need to work one weekend in three.
- Catering facilities on site
- Free on site parking
- Free uniform provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 3 full years service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be preparing and serving food to the highest standard. The Mess caters breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Producing food in line with the recipe sheets
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Helping with functions, hospitality and events
- Ensuring that we deliver high quality service to the mess members and other military personnel
- Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- Assisting in the completion of all shift opening and closing checklists
- Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- Assist in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Undertake relevant training as required
- Food hygiene certificate level 2 or willing to work towards it on our e-learning platform
Applicants must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:
BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City & Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3
- Knowledge of health and safety
- CIEH level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Good level of spoken English
- Security clearance and a DBS check is required
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.