Lifeguard - Wokingham, Berkshire
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's people that make a community. That's why we build homes and deliver services for everyone in the community to thrive. At Places Leisure we are changing lives by creating active places and healthy people for communities to thrive, and we want to be the UK's leading health and wellbeing enabler.
We aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're part of our cause.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity as a Lifeguard at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best.
A National Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) would be beneficial, however if you are safety conscious, a competent swimmer and eager to gain valuable life skills, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Starting your career with us as a Lifeguard is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Sales, Fitness or Customer Service.
In the Lifeguard Role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training, swimming teacher qualifications and a variety of apprenticeship routes.
More about you
- You will be responsible for the supervision of our customers and other lifeguards using our swimming and pool facilities.
- You will always act safely whilst holding responsibility for the Health and Safety of all pool users and oversee the operations of the building.
- You will have excellent attention to detail, ensuring the safety of our customers whilst they are enjoying the use of our facilities.
- You will have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
- You will have an eye for first class cleanliness and will put this into action whenever required.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
We are looking for someone who has the availability to cover annual leave for weekday day times on a casual basis
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.