Food & Beverage Assistant Manager - Ripon
The ruins at Fountains Abbey are the largest monastic ruins in the country, Along with Studley Royal Park, Fountains Abbey became one of the first places in the UK to be named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The grounds also hold an elegant water garden, statues and follies lead on to the river and to the deer park, home to Red, Fallow and Sika deer.
The Hours: 37.5 hours per week, shift pattern is 5 over 7 daytime hours with weekend work required. Shift times will range from the earliest of an 8am start and the latest of a 6pm finish (with a maximum of a 7.5 hour day). No split shifts or evening work.
The Salary: £26,169 - £28,000 depending on experience.
Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic salary progression based on annual reviews.
Interview Dates: Interviews will take place on weekday in the w/c 27th November.
We offer a range of benefits to help you look after the things that matter most to you - whether that's helping you to save for your future, getting discount on your weekly shop, or supporting you to find a healthy work-life balance. Please read our Package to see what we can offer you.
What it's like to work here
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Food & Beverage” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.
Most of our locations are not accessible by public transport and therefore we encourage you to consider how you would commute here before you apply.
What you'll be doing
You will work with our Food & Beverage Manager to manage our entire Food & Beverage operation. You will always consider how we can do it better, more efficiently, and how we can deliver an even tastier result for our visitors.
As an Assistant Manager you will support the team to ensure we are compliant and that every food and drink order is beautifully presented and served with a smile.
Using your excellent attention to detail, you will ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served, looks delicious.
You will also support from a financial aspect to ensure stock & waste is managed and seek opportunities to increase income.
You will receive a bespoke induction along with allergen/food safety training. Further professional training & development opportunities are available
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be/have;
• Good people management skills, including setting personal objectives and providing feedback
• Knowledge of budgets, increasing income and controlling costs, including stock and waste management
• Helpful & friendly with a positive attitude
• Customer focused with great communication skills
• Aware of Health & Safety compliance
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.