Holidays Operation Assistant - SwanageSummary
We are looking for a dedicated and conscientious Holiday Cottage Cleaner to prepare our unique and stunning Dorset holiday cottages. There are 18 cottages situated across East Dorset and your place of work will vary according to the changeovers required.
Hours: Hours per week will vary according to the changeovers required. The main changeover days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, however, short breaks mean that changeover days can also fall on any day of the week (with the exception of Sundays).
Rotas are issued in advance by the Team Leader but due to late bookings we can contact you at short notice.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term/Permanent
Internally you will be known as 'Holidays Operation Assistant'What it's like to work here
You’ll be part of a dynamic housekeeping team who work across the Purbeck and Kingston Lacy estates, and Brownsea Island. You’ll strive to achieve the high standards of cleanliness and presentation our guests expect. Experienced co-workers will provide training in all aspects of the role, including how to complete the regular compliance checks. Many of the holiday cottages are in remote locations and after the induction period has been completed you might work alone on a regular basis, but your Team Leader is only a phone call away. If you want to help care for unique and historic cottages, and have a flexible approach to your working days, we hope you will consider joining our team.
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Holidays” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.What you'll be doing
On change-over days, you’ll make sure that everything’s clean and prepared for our guests to arrive. This will include making sure the cottage is thoroughly cleaned, well presented and welcoming for our guests. We’d also like you to keep an eye out and report any repairs or odd jobs that need doing along with replacing any broken items from the store supplies.
Full Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) is provided for all teams and additional extensive measures in place to protect staff.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
• No experience is required, training will be provided
• We'd love to hear from you if you have a great attitude and lots of enthusiasm!The package
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.