Programming & Partnerships Officer - MaidenheadSummary
We’re looking for a Programming & Partnerships Officer to join our busy and friendly Cliveden team. This exciting opportunity will provide an exceptional welcome to people through creative visitor activities and trails and support accessibility with the design and development of interpretation and signage.
This is a permanent role with the possibility of a job share. The role split for a job share will be confirmed on appointment but is likely to comprise of creative trail/event design (3x days) and Signage/interpretation (2xdays) however there will be role crossover. If you'd like to apply for a job share, please indicate this on your application, along with the area you are particularly interested in.
To find out more please contact Sophie Waterman (Senior Programming and Partnerships Officer) if you would like to discuss this opportunity before applying: firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be held on the 13th and 14th of December. What it's like to work here
As one of the most visited properties in London and the southeast (LSE), Cliveden’s Italianate mansion, riverside setting and family-friendly events draw visitors all year round, making this a busy property with a wide range of opportunities.
You'll join a large, dedicated, and enthusiastic team of staff and will report to our Senior Programming and Partnerships Officer, working both independently and with a wide range of staff, volunteers, and external partners. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to engage audiences with the nature, beauty and history of Cliveden and the wider National Trust.
Please be aware, the Cliveden estate is located in quiet surroundings, therefore you'll need your own transport to get here.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
We’re looking for a proactive and creative team player who can assist in piecing together all the strands of work: from supporting programming partnerships, designing trails and activities, and organising and motivating volunteers, to taking the lead in the delivery of signage and interpretation boards.
Having a keen eye for detail and ensuring quality presentation standards across the estate is key to this role, whilst reflecting Cliveden’s nature and history at the heart of all events and activities on site. You'll focus on visitor programming, which will include working with external partners, and utilising your creative flair for crafting and delivering seasonal trails and events for our audiences, which you’ll assist in Event Managing.
Another key element of the role will be creating, developing and ordering interpretation panels and signage for the estate. This is a hands-on, creative role, with a need to flexible and adaptable and support where required with daily operations and access, to assist in welcoming visitors to Cliveden.
This role will also include working occasional weekends and bank holidays. Please see the full role profile attached to this advert. Who we're looking for
We'd love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Experience in delivering visitor programmes and/or working with community or commercial partners to deliver events and activities.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities and demands and to plan strategically to meet deadlines.
- Someone creative and able to draw creative ideas from their team, with a good eye for detail.
- Experience with managing/supervising and motivating volunteers/a small team, or similar.
- An effective communicator when working within a team, with partners, and autonomously using your own initiative.
- Experience in creating signage and/or interpretation for different audiences. For example, digital design, briefings, interpretation panels, presentation.
- Practical, hands-on experience of crafting, use of hand tools etc.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.