Events Co-ordinator - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Fixed Term Contract of Twelve Months
Monday - Friday, 35 hrs per week
The Events Co-Ordinator will deal proactively with all sales enquiries including weddings, social functions and conferences, ensuring conversion of these. You will meet and build relationships with customers, produce event proposals, contracts and invoices as required, taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to execution. Working as part of a team, you must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to work across a range of departments to ensure continuity of service for the customer.
- Experience in an events role, ideally within a luxury venue
- Excellent communication skills across all media
- Sales focused with particular aptitude for closing and upselling
- Administration & IT skills, including computer literacy and familiarity with database/booking packages
- Attention to detail, professional manner and good understanding of confidentiality issues
- Able to use initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Opera experience is a bonus
There will be a requirement to work the occasional Saturday.
Affectionately known as “The White Palace” The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As an employee focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.