Duty + Trainee Duty Manager – Nationwide opportunities
Salary: Up to £25,500 pa dependant on location
The Duty Manager position is a key position in the Company. Carrying out continuous customer and staff relations services, the position provides the postholder with a genuinely rewarding experience and provides a springboard to a leisure management career in one of the most attractive and fast growing leisure management companies.
Primary objectives for the Duty Manager will be:
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health and safety and customer care within the Centre.
- To develop and promote an exciting, innovative leisure programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To assume shift management responsibility for the Centre to maximise the total performance of the Centre and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
The Duty Manager will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To ensure the provision of a clean, high quality facility and exciting and innovative Leisure Centre programmes.
- To act as a member of the Leisure Centre Management Team on a shift rota system, during opening hours of the Centre.
- To be available to work poolside on a regular shift or as and when required to ensure the delivery of the Centre programme
- To ensure all Health and Safety procedures and responsibilities are carried out at all times.
- To deputise for the Contract Manager/Centre Manager as requested.
- To assist the Contract Manager/Centre Manager in providing appropriate staff training and development.
- To ensure that the objectives of the contract are achieved and the appropriate financial systems and procedures are implemented.
- To be responsible for the provision of teaching and coaching courses for all areas of the operation, including recruitment and maintenance of a register of qualified coaches.
- To identify and assess the feasibility of new activities which the Centre could provide.
- To ensure all staff are kept informed of the Centre’s activities and special events.
- To achieve maximum levels of participation in all courses and activities.
- Monitoring cost effectiveness and highlighting and rectifying areas of low performance.
- To produce performance records, statistics, targets and reports for programming and associated activities.
- To assist in the marketing and publicity of all activities and events and develop distribution networks for promotional materials and merchandising of products.
- To ensure sufficient staff are available for the safe, high quality functioning of the Centre.
- To assist in the management of the Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To coach and teach as required and generally assist with the running of events.
- To act as a main key holder for the Centre and be responsible for opening and closing of the building and emergency call-outs.
- To undertake any regulatory requirements.
- To be responsible and accountable for cash handling as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the Contract Manager to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
It will be desirable that the post holder has a recognised qualification in Leisure Management, Sports Development or related subject.
The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge and skills in the Leisure or a related industry in a small/medium sized enterprise.
To hold a current NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) and Pool Plant Operators - however training will be provided if not.
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant:
- Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams involved.
- Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employees.
- Will be able to communicate at different levels of the organisation, both listen and direct.
- Will be able to meet the demands of the role by working additional hours when required. Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Will be able to maintain and be committed to good employee relations and deliver quality training.
- Will be able to perform recreation assistant duties when required