Maintenance and Estate Manager - Accommodation Available - Broadway, Worcestershire
The Lygon Arms Hotel is an old coaching inn which sits in the heart of Broadway village – often called ‘the jewel of the Cotswolds’ – and boasts a rich history. With the spa tucked in a tranquil pocket at the hotel, 86 unique bedrooms, secluded gardens and relaxed dining experiences, there are so many ways to soak up the countryside pace.
What's in it for you?
- £42,000 annual salary
- Annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Staff accommodation available
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
The Lygon Arms - Maintenance and Estate Manager - Aim of the role
To effectively and pro-actively maintain the high standards of maintenance and Health & Safety of the property and all of its facilities.
The Lygon Arms - Maintenance and Estate Manager - Responsibilities
- You will need to be able to adopt a very hands-on, practical and flexible approach to property and facilities management.
- To be aware of your responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel's Fire Safety Procedures.
- To take ownership and ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, alter to meet these requirements if achievable and if not, report any faults to the General Manager for approval to action.
- To liaise with the General Manager on a weekly basis deciding on the priorities of jobs to assist smooth running of the department and also communicating any potential problems / barriers to completing a task.
- To take ownership in setting an annual budget for the department for each financial year in conjunction with the General Manager and to work within budgetary constraints.
- To have a long term, effective preventative maintenance business plan.
- To have a proactive business plan when dealing with general maintenance.
- To show teamwork and flexibility and complete any other reasonable task as required by the General Manager.
- To be respectful and effectively manage the maintenance team in personal and professional development including rotas, holiday requests, appraisals, disciplinary, training and development.
- To be intuitive and delegate work load between the maintenance team to ensure deadlines are met.
- To show teamwork, flexibility and pride in respond to emergency calls for maintenance from all departments.
- To show flexibility and be able to respond to changes in job priorities at short notice, however ensuring that all priority maintenance jobs are completed.
- To call out contractors and raise purchase orders as required.
- To be passionate in attending any training sessions, senior management meetings on a regular basis passing on relevant information to the team.
Maintenance and Estate Manager - About you
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in writing and producing risk assessments, managing contractors and fire safety.
- Extensive experience of leading diverse teams and managing external contractors
- Significant experience of working proactively and applying a solution focused approach to challenges
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team
- Due to the nature of the role, strong financial acumen is key, with the ability to control costs and project manage with budgets to tight deadlines.
- Lastly, a plumbing trade qualification, BIFM or FM qualification and/or an NVQ Level 3 in electrical of mechanical maintenance would be advantageous but not a necessity.