Key Stage One Coach - Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
Job Type: Full Time - Seasonal
About the role
Our KS1 Sports Coaches are responsible for getting 5 - 8 year olds active as part of our Multi-Active programme. You will lead and inspire a group of up to 8 children, delivering high energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engages and making progress, regardless of their ability.
Activities can include anything from coaching football, tennis and badminton, to leading team building games. Each session is typically (depending on age) between 30 - 40 minutes long. Child safety it our number one priority to coaches need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, supervising children during their lunch breaks, participating in swimming sessions, overseeing safe use of equipment and promptly recording any incidents.
Each camp will have a team of Sports Coaches, so you'll need to be able to work proactively and collaboratively with your peers. You'll need to maintain professional feedback on a child's progress throughout camp.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) are not expected to stand on the side lines, but to actively participate in delivery, showcasing skills, demonstrating good practice and most importantly... have fun!
Hours vary each day in line with child numbers and needs of our members but we're looking for coaches to be fully available between 8am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday during the school holidays. We're looking for coaches to be available for the full duration of the shorter seasons, and in the summer (our busiest season) for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks.
Why work for Kings Camps?
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Ear money and gain valuable experience doing something you love
- Have fun contributing to our mission of getting children active
What makes a great KS1 Sports Coach?
- A passion for working with children and/or young people
- At least 6 months' consecutive experience working with 5 - 8 year olds
- At least 3 months' experience coaching sports, leading games or delivering activities
- Hold or willing to acquire a valid paediatric first aid qualification
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high quality customer service
- A real team player who's happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- At times things change, so you'll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- Leadership skills with a vibrant and confident personality
- Not afraid to get involved in any additional paperwork or preparation
- Possess (a minimum) Level 2 qualification in one of the following fields:
- Primary Teaching
- Education or Childcare
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
About Kings Camps
Kings Camps are a market leading not-for-profit organisation offering sports and activity day camps at over 50 locations during the school holidays, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) deliver high quality sports camps with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor.
Founded in 1991, we were inspired by US-style summer camps. We decided the youngsters in the UK would love to experience school holiday camps too and establish a model which meant we could reach even more children through not-for-profit work in the UK and overseas. To find out more about Kings Camps, click here.