General Service Assistant - Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Expected hours: 15 per week
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you looking to work in a fun but busy environment as part of a team?
Are you looking for a part time role that’s Monday – Friday, with no evenings or weekends?
Want to join a cracking team and a business that has opportunities across the UK? If the answer is yes, then read on.
We are currently recruiting for a General Service Assistant to be a part of our integral team at Sgts Mess, Alanbrooke Barracks, Topcliffe, Thirsk, YO7 3EY
Perks of the job
- £10.42 per hour
- Part time - 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Shifts 11am – 2pm
- Free meals on duty
- Excellent transport links!
- Life assurance and Pension scheme
- MyStaffShop discounts – including savings on your weekly supermarket shop!
- Cycle2Work Scheme and Refer a friend Scheme
- You will also be joining a great team, with fabulous career prospect and could lead to but to all sorts of opportunities – we LOVE to promote from within!
What you'll be doing
Required to be flexible according to business requirements. The daily focus may vary, however it is expected that activities will typically include the following:
- Prepare and serve food and beverages to customers
- Basic food preparation
- Setting up for breakfast
- Restocking items and stock rotation
- Kitchen and dining room cleaning
- Client focus – providing excellent customer service at all times
- General cleaning of front and back of house
- Follow food hygiene and safety procedures at all times
- Sweeping/Mopping and general house keeping to ensure areas are cleaned to a high standard at all times.
- Preparation of any other public facing areas as required
- Undertake relevant training as required of all aspects of the role, including working towards your Food Hygiene Level 2 and Health and Safety Level 2 qualifications.
- We aim for all staff to be multi skilled and flexible with full training and support provided both on the job and via our e learning portal.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential as full on the job training will be provided
- Basic numeracy skills
- Shift patterns may vary to fit the business
- Transport required (remote area with limited public transport)
- A great team player with a flexible approach to duties
- A DBS check is required
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thirsk: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person