Chef (All Levels) - Edinburgh
Job Type: Full Time
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you currently working as a Commis or CDP and looking for a new challenge?
Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a casual role?
Well, we have a job for you!
We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation.
We are currently looking for a Chef to work with our integral team at Redford Barracks, Colinton Road, Edinburgh, EH13 0PP
Perks of the job
- £11.50 per hour
- Full time – 35 hours per week
- 5 days over 7, Shifts ranging between 6am – 7pm
- Discounted meals on shift
- Excellent training opportunities including apprenticeship schemes and e learning courses
- Free parking
- Free uniform and safety shoes provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life assurance
- Generous holiday allowance which increases after 3 full years of service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship schemes available to help with career progression
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you'll be doing
- Cooking a variety of meals for our military customers.
- Comply with all relevant food safety legislation
- Help to reduce kitchen waste and processes to minimise wastage.
- Supporting with food orders
- Check all food is compliant with allergens
- Following recipe cards to prepare, cook and serve a range of meals
- Completing daily paperwork to cover due diligence
- Assisting with deliveries and stock checks / placing orders
- Placing food orders and maintaining kitchen records
- To share responsibility with the Chef manager/Catering manager for the checking, probing and signing of all food deliveries
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Assisting in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Relevant culinary qualification is desirable but the opportunity to gain a qualification whilst you earn is available for personal development
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen
- Allergen awareness (i.e Natasha’s Law), full training will be given
- Excellent team player and communicator
- Basic security checks needed
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.