Casual Chef - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you currently working as a Commis or CDP and looking for a new challenge?
Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a flexible zero hour role?
Well, we have a job for you!
We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation.
We are currently looking for a Chef to work with our integral team at Alamein Combined Mess, DL9 3QG
*Perks of the job*
£10.42 per hour
- Zero hour contract – Shifts ranging between 6.30am – 2.30pm 5 days out of 7.
- As this is a zero hour contract currently, shifts cannot be promised and this will be a case of following weekly rotas for shifts.
- No late nights!
- Discounted meals on shift
- Free on site parking
- Free uniform provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 3 full years service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship schemes available to help with career progression
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you'll be doing*
- You’ll be cooking and preparing food ready for breakfast and lunch service
- Work well as part of a team of chefs, supporting one another and communicating well
- Following recipe cards to prepare, cook and serve a range of meals
- Completing daily paperwork to cover due diligence
- Assisting with deliveries and stock checks
- Placing food orders and maintaining kitchen records
- To share responsibility with the Chef manager/Catering manager for the checking, probing and signing of all food deliveries
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Assisting in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- Undertake relevant training as required
- Previous experience in a similar food service environment
- Excellent team player and communicator
- A confident chef
- DBS required for this role
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate
- Northern Europe - Our Mission*
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
*Northern Europe - About Aramark*
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person