Chef - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.70 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you currently working as a Commis or CDP and looking for a new challenge?
Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a role with a level of flexibility, working weekdays and weekends?
Well, we have a job for you!
We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation.
We are currently looking for a Chef to work with our integral team at Alma Barracks, Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire DL9 3AQ
Perks of the job
- Hourly rate of £10.70 per hour
- Full time – 40 hours per week - 5 days over 7 including weekdays and weekends
- Shifts mainly ranging between 6am – 7pm
- Discounted meals on shift
- On site parking
- Free uniform provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- Generous holiday allowance which increases after 3 full years of service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship schemes available to help with career progression
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
*What you'll be doing*
- You’ll be cooking and preparing food ready for breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Work well as part of a team of chefs, supporting one another and communicating well
- Following recipe cards to prepare, cook and serve a range of meals
- Completing daily paperwork to cover due diligence
- Assisting with deliveries and stock checks
- Placing food orders and maintaining kitchen records
- To share responsibility with the Chef manager/Catering manager for the checking, probing and signing of all food deliveries
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Assisting in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- Undertake relevant training as required
- Catering and hospitality level 2 required
- Allergen awareness
- Excellent team player and communicator
- A confident chef
- DBS required
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person