Childcare Assistant - Beckenham & Penge, London
Location: Penge & Beckenham
Job Type: Part time - 16.25 hours per week term time (38 weeks) . You will be required to work from 2:45pm - 6pm (term time only). Top up hours available through other roles throughout the business
Salary : £21,673.60 p.a. (pro rata) Plus Benefits
CLOSING DATE: 15th November 2023
In this role you will develop your skills and knowledge in providing a caring, safe and secure environment for children to learn and develop through a variety of play opportunities. You will learn how to assist in planning and providing an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
These roles are part time, but if you're looking to increase your hours we have a wide variety of roles around the business outside of your club hours, Including: soft play, day camps, swim and more!
What skills we are looking for:
- A willingness to learn and develop;
- Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences;
- Professional attitude and desire to deliver an excellent childcare service;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service;
- Flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the business, you will be required from 7am-9am and from 2:45pm - 6pm (term time only)
Your Main duties:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering a variety of quality play opportunities
- Consulting with children and involving them in the planned activities
- Setting up play spaces, with appropriate play cues. This will include moving furniture and play equipment
- Supporting with collection and delivery of children safely between school and the childcare setting
- Providing refreshments including hot and cold snacks to children whilst promoting children's positive behaviour and involvement
- Ensuring good hygiene, health and safety standards are met
- Administering first aid when necessary
- To be a designated key worker to a number of children, this will involve talking to parents and teachers about key children's needs and progress
- Support with club administration when required.
- To respond to safeguarding concerns and report any and all concerns to your line manager
- Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures
- Level 2 or 3 childcare/play work relevant Qualification
- Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
In return you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional leave with length of service.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks.
- NEST pension.
- Early Pay- withdraw a part of your salary in advance of the pay day.
- New Employee Referral Bonus
- Access to 300 plus accredited courses for personal development
- Exceptional achievement award scheme.
- Employee Benefits Platform & salary sacrifice schemes.
- Health and Wellbeing Benefits including Health Assessments and checks.
We are an independent social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing through our range of accessible services. These include golf, swimming, gyms, bowling, social and health programmes at 20 locations across Bromley, the Midlands and Hampshire. We reinvest our profits into the long-term wellbeing of our local communities, and to date we've helped hundreds of thousands of people to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if needed for the role
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.