Virgin Active have long committed to inspiring both new and current members to live an active life. Our employees are dedicated to delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. We take pride in recruiting the very best Lifeguard Supervisor, who not only ensure our swimmers’ safety but also oversee the existing team.
As a Lifeguard Supervisor you’re responsible for making sure all Health & Safety poolside checks are monitored and proactively carried out daily, ensuring all necessary records are updated and completed, and the company standard is maintained to the highest level.
- Supporting the Service (duty) manager and taking on the occasional Service Manager shift.
- Managing the monthly rota and weekly payroll
- Supervising our members within the pool & surrounding areas, to ensure safety at all times.
- Responsible for the supervision and motivation of the lifeguard team by supporting and encouraging development.
- Enthusiastically engage with our members, providing a great customer service and representation of the Club.
- Taking pride in poolside surroundings, by conducting cleaning duties to ensure safety, hygiene & pleasant area at all times.
- Supporting club operations where required.
So what qualities does a Lifeguard Supervisor need to join Virgin Active?
- Previous team leader or management experience
- A friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail – nothing gets by without you noticing
- Confident in your own ability to keep our swimmers safe and happy at all times, and can quickly snap into action when required
- Acting as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You have a current Lifeguard qualification and be fully registered, with either a IQL National Pool Qualification (RLSS), HABC Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (RQF) or STA Professional Award for Pool Lifeguard (RQF) qualification
- 30 days (including bank holidays) annual leave – and we want you take them
- Access to The Peoples Pension, with our contributions at 3%
- Complimentary Virgin Active membership for you and a buddy. You can also get free membership for your children too, ability to take advantage of our Club V
- We want you to love Virgin Active like we do, so you get discounts across Virgin active – everything from guest passes and PT sessions to discounts on health and beauty treatment and products
- Obviously so many discounts across the Virgin Group, from Virgin Media to Virgin Atlantic - who doesn’t love a discount!
- Financial fitness is just as important as physical, so we offer access to Salary Finance. They can support you with loans and savings plans, as well as help you become a personal finance expert.
- Mental health is a cornerstone of wellbeing. Our BUPA employer assistance programme is there when you need a helping hand with 4 free counselling sessions
- We know finding a new home to rent can be stressful. We partner with Dexters who offer complimentary corporate letting services – meaning no tenant charges
- Access to ePoints, offering loads of online discounts to retailers such as Amazon, ASOS and Adidas
- Always wanted to take that yoga course? Well VA offer discount on all their Academy courses, trained by the very best