Kitchen Office Manager - Central London
Are you the type of person that gets out of bed on the right side every day? If so, we’d like you to come and join our happiness as a Kitchen Office Manager
Here at the newly refurbished Royal Lancaster London, our goal is to be the happiest hotel in London and it’s our people that deliver it with their fun and caring attitude. We are always on the lookout for development opportunities, moments to grow, while helping our colleagues reach their potential and opening the door to their next opportunity.
As a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For', you will be provided with tailored development plans, trainings and apprenticeship opportunities to develop your career!
Joining our independently owned and 5–star hotel as a Kitchen Office Manager, you will help build a supportive and social place, where we can all be at our best while receiving the following happiness perks:
- Service Charge
- Complimentary night stay for 2 at the Royal Lancaster London
- Employee discounts of up to 50% on food & beverage and spa treatments across our sister properties (Landmark London and K West Hotel & Spa)
- Employees and Friends & Family rates across our sister properties
- Perk box membership which gives you exclusive access to a variety of discounts ranging from healthcare and wellness to everyday shopping, restaurants and travelling!
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Refer a friend bonus
- Cycle to work & workplace pension schemes
- Annual season ticket loans
- Employee recognition schemes and Social Committee events including gala dinners and much more!
In your role as a Kitchen Kitchen Office Manager, you will be surrounded by a dynamic and passionate team working in a fast paced environment. Creativity will be a key element to your role and success, as you will be committed to providing the best product to our guests.
You will be working within the Kitchen Department and report directly to the Executive Chef.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all tasks as directed by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen / hotel upon request.
- Provide administrative support for the kitchen and stewarding departments.
- Ensure the kitchen and stewarding departments have effective, up to date and accurate operational documentation.
- Co-ordinate Executive Chef’s / Sous chefs diary to ensure all internal meetings are attended.
- Manage the kitchen drive on the network ensuring all data is up to date, relevant and file efficiently and securely.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef manage the payroll for Permanent, Casual and Agency Staff. Ensure all documentation and records are accurate, transparent and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure Holidays, Lieu time, staff yearly Planner and Sickness records are accurate and transparent.
- Liaise monthly with the payroll department to verify that all records are correct.
- Communicate efficiently with all kitchens, ensuring they received all information required as BEO amendments / banquet re-issues / BEO issue packs etc. and bringing any important facts to the attention to the Sous Chef / Executive Chef.
- Health & Safety
Keep efficient and affective up to date records for all Health & Safety data, to include:
- Random temperature sheets
- Food safety manuals and training records
- Risk assessment
- Safe system of work and training records
- Slicing machine cleaning procedure
- Vacuum packing cleaning machine
- Westminster City Council EHO correspondence
- Valid food hygiene certificates
- COSHH records
- Manual handling records
- Team members development i.e PDP, reviews etc.
- The list is not exhaustive and other records may need to be created and filed in hard copy format as required.
- communicate effectively with all the internal departments, suppliers, agencies, colleagues and external organisations.
- Assist with any menu change support documentation as and when required by senior chef team.
- Co-ordinate weekly rotas with senior chef team, finalise in Forth and Excel formats. Bok weekly shift requirements with the Agencies according to the written rotas. Highlight any potential problems to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Co-ordinate mandatory training for the kitchen department as designated by HR and Executive team, ensure all training records/certificates are up to date. Attend the monthly departmental training meeting-keep training spreadsheets up to date and prepare the monthly L&D Audit report.
- Represent the kitchen department as and when required in any task force / committee projects.
- Support the kitchen team with kitchen related social media initiatives and activities.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
Royal Lancaster London is based at Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY and the closest tube station is Lancaster gate on the central line underground.
We’re more concerned with what’s in the glass not whether it’s half full or empty so come and pour some happiness into yours by joining our team!