Assistant Conference And Events Manager - Cheltenham
As our Assistant Conference and Events Manager you will support Conference and Events Manager in running an event of varying capacities, setting up events and managing and training a team.
You will acknowledge and act upon individual customer needs whilst maintaining service standards, deal with all customer comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action, build and develop internal and external relationships and understand food allergens and health & safety.
- Manage the performance of any casual workforce. Ensuring that every team member is working towards the same goal and achieving the desired outcome
- Ensure day-to-day delivery of catering services as advised to standards set within the business
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all tasks consistently
- Lead by example and ensure members of the team wear the correct, full and clean uniform whilst on duty. Actively address all issues in relation to non-adherence of company standards
- Support the Conference and Events Manager in communicating, motivating and involving individuals within the team
- Demonstrate ability to identify training needs and carry out on the job training.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the unit/location and work
- Be aware and adhere with statutory, legal and company requirements for:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Licensing Laws
- Employment Law
- Fire Regulations
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards as in the company health and safety manual
- Demonstrate best working practices in all duties and comply with company manuals
- Attend unit meetings and cascade briefing information accordingly
- Maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
- Have knowledge of all unit/location products and be able to advise the customer in a professional, helpful manner
- Maximise the sales opportunities that occur within the planning and operational stages of the functions and events
Assistant Conference and Events Manager
- 26,000 per annum
- 5 out of 7 days per week
- Medicash - Healthcare benefits, including dental, optical and therapy treatments (includes up to 4 dependent children)
- Aviva Digicare - Free annual healthcare check
- Exclusive Benefits & Wellbeing site (Perks at Work)
- Entertainment discounts - up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Health & Wellbeing discounts - Discounts for Nuffield Health (20%) and Pure Gym (10%)
- Travel discounts - Discounts with holiday companies such as TUI and Expedia
- Shopping discounts - Save up to 15% at high street and online stores by purchasing Shopping Cards
- Meals on duty
- Vodaphone discounts
- Pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 23 days + BH's and additional day off for your birthday
- 2 days additional leave, following return from Maternity leave during first year back
- Competitive and supportive family benefits
- Day off for babies 1st birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- On-going training & development and career pathways
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Financial wellbeing programme and preferred rates on salary finance products
Jockey Club Catering is a venture partnership between Jockey Club Racecourses, the UK's leading racecourse and venues group, and Compass Group UK & Ireland, to provide top quality catering, hospitality and service at 15 racecourses nationwide.
This sees Jockey Club Catering operate at The Jockey Club's flagship Cheltenham Racecourse during the four days of The Festival, which is effectively the world championships of Jump racing, attended by more than 250,000 people. Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 and in 2013 the partnership was extended through until at least 2025.
Alongside racing, the iconic venues within The Jockey Club's family are open throughout the year, hosting a wide variety of events including conferences, weddings, meetings and exhibitions, all of which can be individually tailored to meet each client request as it comes.
- Conference and events background is essential.
- Computer literate, but specific role training can be provided
- Good communication skills will be required for both internal and external relationships
- Computer literate but on the job training is provided
- Able to work alone and part of a team
- Communication skills will be required to both internal and external companies
- Experience in operating large events is essential when applying for this position
- Time keeping is essential
- This role will require earlier starts and later finishes to those stated above (depending on the events booked) at selected dates throughout the year. This will be discussed in advance
- Flexibility is expected and required for this role
We firmly believe that a diverse team leads to innovation and creativity. We welcome candidates from all walks of life and backgrounds to join us in our mission to create a supportive and equitable work environment where everyone has the chance to excel and collaborate.
Join us in our journey towards a more diverse and inclusive world, where every person has the chance to thrive and contribute their unique talents. Together, we can achieve greatness.
We collaborate with some of the UK's most game-changing and well-loved brands, all sharing our vision for bringing best-in-class experiences.