Assistant General Manager - Wandsworth, London
We are Gravity, energise your career with us…
We are Gravity, we are the UK’s biggest name in active entertainment. Fun is our key word, where our sites offer up to 30 activities from e-karting to augmented reality bowling, and much much more.
We are now looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our team at out Wandsworth site, one of our Gravity Max venues. This is a big job, for a big operator, annually our footfall here is over a million people, all looking for excellent service, lots of fun and entertainment.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be reporting to the General Manager with day-to-day site operations at the core of your responsibilities, with a bias towards the bars and wet sales (you must have a strong background in this area).
The site has a 14-lane bowling alley, Hologate Virtual reality gaming, karts, Immersive Game Box booths, Golf, Darts, eGaming, shuffleboard and Pool. On top of this we operate an exclusive cocktail lounge, 2 bars and 8 food offerings. This is a large venue with lots of moving parts and a large team to manage.
Your main Responsibilities:
- You will be supporting the GM in the day to running of the site, with an emphasis on the bar operations.
- You will support the team in delivering strong KPI results including wage ratios and profitability.
- You will be a champion in increasing revenue and profitability for the site, including helping with the development of corporate sales.
- Support the GM in effective people management, including recruitment, talent development, training, and performance management.
- Be a champion of employee and guest satisfaction, we want someone who is not scared to go the extra mile.
- Finally on top of this we want someone FUN!!! This is a fun environment, and we need someone who will live and breath this, who will foster a great attitude amongst the team which will give our customers the best experience possible.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary up to £42,500
- Potential monthly bonus
- Career development through our training academy
- Career development potential – we love to promote and develop from within
- Central Wandsworth location, close to train station and major bus routes
- Discounted rates for Gravity sites and products.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributary health insurance
- Subsidised food and drink on sites
- The opportunity to grow your career through training and development.
You will have previous experience of large Leisure Venue site operations management. You will have been responsible for around 150 staff and ideally you will have either multi site operational experience, or a large venue with multiple activities. There are a lot of moving parts within our Max venues and only people with strong experience will be considered.
And best of all you will be joining a fun team, with a great company culture #wearegravity