Chef de Partie - London - London
Shifts: Flexible shift patterns to suit you, between Monday and Sunday, 6:30am to 10pm
Hours: Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,243 to £26,936 depending on experience + excellent benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits package plus career development)
Thrive in a kitchen where every meal matters more.
Forget any preconceptions you might have about hospital food. The food you create for us – all made from fresh ingredients and prepared on site – will be every bit as eye-opening and enticing as meals served by the best hotels and restaurants. You’ll be able to build on any commercial kitchen experience you might have, working under the supervision of a Sous Chef or Head Chef and will be assigned a particular place on the line.
But while the buzz of the kitchen might be familiar, the difference here is that the work you do will be a vital part of the total care package we offer, helping as many patients as possible to return to full health quicker. Whether it’s high quality nutrition to help them recover, comfort food for when they’re feeling vulnerable, or something that looks and tastes amazing to take their minds off their worries – you’ll have a huge impact on patient care.
Who we’re looking for
While you don’t need any specific qualifications to join us, we’re looking for a special kind of person to join us – someone who is excited to learn and develop new skills. As well as this you’ll:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the baking standards, cooking and grilling techniques
- Be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Have a talent to learn new recipes and cooking procedures quickly
- Show great organisation and time management skills
- Be able to work efficiently and co-operatively in a team environment
What you’ll get in return
In return, you can expect real career progression. We invest in our people, celebrate individuality, and reward and recognise employees who go ‘beyond the plate’. As well as a competitive salary, unrivalled career development and shifts that can help you achieve a better work/life balance, you’ll also enjoy:
- Medical insurance, including critical illness cover, dental insurance and life assurance
- Contributory pension
- Subsidised Gymflex membership
- GP health assessment, plus private face to face and digital GP services
- The option to buy or sell holidays
- Access to Portland Maternity Services
Plus a host of other perks and benefits, including travel Insurance, season ticket loans, the cycle to work scheme – and even free Taste and Gourmet Society cards.
About HCA Healthcare UK
HCA Healthcare the world’s largest private hospital group. In the UK, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities in London, Birmingham and Manchester. It’s not only our clinical care that’s exceptional, however. We also deliver outstanding food that’s both nutritious and delicious to our patients, as well as our hardworking colleagues too.