Chef - Bury St EdmundsSummary
The Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time Chef position. Typical shift, 8am - 4pm. Weekend working required, bank holiday and school holidays. No evening or split shifts.
The ideal candidate will be flexible to work across 7 days a week. Will be happy to work from the NT cookbook, work under a head chef, within a kitchen team of 5. Also, happy to lead the team in the absence of the Head Chef.
The Salary: ?£24,000.00
Duration: Permanent, full time role, 37.5 hours per week.
Interview Dates: 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 19th, and 22nd September
There is some public transport, but own transport is recommended. Free car parking is available on site
We offer a range of benefits to help you look after the things that matter most to you - whether that's helping you to save for your future, getting discount on your weekly shop, or supporting you to find a healthy work-life balance. Please read our Package to see what we can offer you.What it's like to work here
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Food & Beverage” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.
Most of our locations are not accessible by public transport and therefore we encourage you to consider how you would commute here before you apply.
You will be working at Ickworth, The Rotunda, Bury St Edmunds, IP29 5QE
This vacancy is included in a trial of the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme (level 1). If you have a disability, and your qualities, skills and experience are a good fit with the 'Who we're looking for' section below, we will guarantee you either a telephone or face to face interview. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, when you apply, to let us know, quoting the reference number for this vacancy.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food.
You’ll enjoy preparing food from scratch using fresh/seasonal ingredients and will be confident with creating bakes,?making, soups, stews, sausage rolls and preparing & presenting food to order served directly to the customers over busy lunchtime periods.??
You will receive a bespoke induction and allergen/food safety training. Further professional training & development opportunities are available
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert. Who we're looking for
You’ll need to be;
• Experience as a chef / cook within a professional setting
• Helpful & friendly with a positive attitude
• Passionate about food
• Aware of Health & Safety compliance
• A team player with great communication skillsThe package
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.