Swimming Director & Head Coach, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £34,000 per annum (tax free)
Benefits: Shared accommodation (2 person flat), shared car (between 2 people) annual flight home, private medical insurance, 24 days annual leave + 18 days public holidays (subject to school term).
Working Hours: Various / TBC.
Start Date: ASAP / no later than 12 October 2023.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified person to lead a new swimming academy and manage our professional and multi-national team.
The role will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing, structuring and delivering a new private swim academy program aimed predominantly at the 5-18 age group at various locations across Bahrain;
- Leading and developing a team of senior and junior swim coaches;
- Working to grow the academy at partner and new locations;
- Carrying out administrative tasks that are linked to the running of a successful learn to swim programme;
- Undertaking practical teaching of designated groups at the appropriate level and within agreed standards;
- Managing a natural progression towards recognised swimming awards;
- Discharging all health and safety requirements;
- Providing an emergency capability and administer first aid as and when required;
- Giving feedback on progress to class members and guardians;
- Recommending improvements to the services offered in response to customer feedback;
- Liaising with facility owners/managers/swim co-ordinators in relation to standards set for the teaching of swimming across the academy;
- Presenting a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintaining an excellent standard of customer service; and
- Any other duties commensurate to the post.
You will need to be highly motivated, passionate about swimming and willing to undergo and lead training to support you and your team's existing qualifications. You will be leading a customer focused team and will need to be able to work effectively as part of that team. The role will include the safe delivery of a structured swim programme using internationally recognised teaching schemes. You will also need to have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Internationally recognised swimming and lifeguarding qualifications are required.