Conference and Banqueting Senior Leader - Lancashire Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Delta Hotels Worsley Park Country Club, Worsley Park, Manchester, England, United Kingdom Schedule
Conference & Banqueting Supervisor
Are you seeking to grow your skills with endless career opportunities?, work beside teammates that feel like family?, experience working for an employer that puts your wellbeing at the heart of everything it does?, enjoy monthly celebrations, treats and recognition? and make a difference in the local community? Then Delta Hotels by Marriott Worsley Park Country Club is the place for you.
Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there's no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You'll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you'll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.
The impact you'll make
You will enjoy working with a well-synchronized service staff, prepared to do whatever it takes to pull off a flawless event. When the guests arrive, they will be pleased to find your polished appearance and dedication to exceptional service that delights in the details. You will feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that you've impressed each guest with personalized attention.
What you will be doing
- Act as a confident role model for all new team members whilst taking hands on approach
- Run conferences & events, ranging from small board meetings to weddings - every day is different and all events are tailored to the individuals
- Liaise with event organisers to ensure all expectations are delivered and exceeded
- Work with the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Manage your department keeping it clean and safe
- Share personal recommendations to spread your passion for service and event delivery
- Create a fantastic environment for customers and team members to relax and enjoy their event or conference with us
- Support the management team to deliver consistently high standards
What we're looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous banquet serving experience in a hotel environment
Perks you deserve
In addition to an hourly rate of 12.16 ensuring you are paid for every hour worked, we'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Health & Wellbeing - complimentary Leisure Club Membership & discounted Golf Rates because your wellbeing is important
- Meals - Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dining Facility
- Discounts - Enrolment in Perks at Work - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema's and more
- Travel - Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family, 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Holidays - 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service
- Pay - Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Health - Cycle to work scheme
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Flexibility - do you need flexibility in your life, talk to us as we know worklife balance is important
- Take Care Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Develop and Grow - Comprehensive Training and Development programs
- Career - career progression opportunities are endless as the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide
- Celebrate - Awards and Recognition Celebrations
- Events - Monthly Calendar of Associate Focused & Fun Events
With this role you will be working 40 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends with a variety of early and late shifts - do you need flexibility in your life? We are happy to discuss this with you!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you apply online or email Ellie.R.Dolan@deltahotels.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.