Commis Chef - City of London
The Commis Chef supports the kitchen in consistently delivering high quality food to our guests every time. The Commis Chefs expertise guarantees quality, consistency and correct timings of the guest experience according to the O.U.R E.T.H.O.S.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Benefits of the role
- Competitive salary package.
- Easy accessibility to transport links.
- A good work life balance.
- Be able to enhance your skills from learning the use of real American Smokers, the craft of butchery, live fire cookery and many other new kitchen techniques.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- 50% staff discount to dine within the restaurant.
- Career development plan.
- Overtime pay
- Short staff bonus
- Maintaining skills and product knowledge as instructed by temper.
- Attending and responding to all required temper training
- Always presenting self in perfect uniform and at correct shift start time
- Attending, participating in and contributing to briefings and team meetings
- Demonstrating a positive approach to own role and teamwork
- Supporting, training and acting as a role model to new members of the team
- Completing quality preparation of all duties to set up and close the restaurant and shift to standard
- Following all reasonable direction of the management team
Reporting: The Prep / Commis Chef :
- Reports to the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
- Adheres to all company rules, regulations and procedures
- Ensures all legal and health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Communicates any potential problems to the duty kitchen manager
- Performs any task pertinent to the operation as directed by the duty managers and Exec Chef
- Focuses completely on achievement of all O.U.R E.T.H.O.S requirements