Chef de Partie - City of London
Temper – Winner of best newcomer at the Observer Food Monthly restaurant awards 2017
Chef de Partie; If food is your passion then we have the perfect role for you.
Temper is the award-winning concept focussing on whole animal BBQ and live-fire cooking in our restaurants based in Soho, Covent Garden Shoreditch & The City.
A Chef de Partie at temper will embark on a journey of discovery learning many new skills including whole animal butchery, bread making, live-fire cookery and how to flavour food to an elevated level. Working in our signature open kitchens the right applicant will get the opportunity to thrive in a unique environment where guest interaction is essential. Working alongside the head chef you will work with a team of like-minded professionals. The right applicant will need to be able to work seamlessly under pressure in a high-volume capacity and be able to ensure the highest levels of consistency.
Benefits of the role
- Competitive salary package.
- Easy accessibility to transport links.
- A good work life balance.
- Be able to enhance your skills from learning the use of real American Smokers, the craft of butchery, live fire cookery and many other new kitchen techniques.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- 50% staff discount to dine within the restaurant.
- Career development plan.
- Overtime pay
- Short staff bonus
- MUST ENJOY AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK WITH GUESTS.
- Experience of working in a kitchen at a similar level.
- Excellent stock management skills.
- A knowledge of food hygiene, health & safety and current food regulations.
- A proven team member with a background in a range of kitchen roles.
- Some grill work is beneficial.
- Excellent time management.
Please be aware the annual salary is calculated using our hourly rates @ 48hrs per week.
What do the critics think?
- "Temper is brilliant" - Jay Rayner - The Observer
- "It’s like a classic old-time speakeasy where something new and filthy and addictive is happening again - 9/10" - Giles Coren - The Times
- 4/5 - Grace Dent - The Evening Standard
Please be aware we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work within the UK
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Referral programme