Shift Manager - Havant, Hampshire
Full & Part Time
The role of a Shift Manager is key in supporting the franchisee to ensure the store is run efficiently and profitably in accordance with the company policies and procedures. You will directly lead, coach and inspire all team members to ensure they provide total customer satisfaction and a great product at all times whilst controlling costs and building sales. We’re looking for someone with proven management experience, ideally gained in the food franchise, restaurant or hospitality sector. A Shift Manager role with GDK is rewarding and involves working flexible hours in a fun, team environment.
Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of store, supporting the General Restaurant Manager and development of food products and services as follows:
- Actioning the business performance of the restaurant set my the Restaurant Manager
- Actioning restaurant sales levels and profitability
- Actioningmarketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/ week, including staff control, food control, wastage and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for departmental sales, profit and staff development.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient and continuous operation.
- Weekly/Daily ordering so as to ensure that stock levels are maintained and any special orders for functions etc are placed in a timely manner.
- Work with other Supervisors and Managers to coordinate all aspects of stock deliveries and keep accurate and up to date records.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established GDK Standards
- Provide staff training and ongoing support of staff members. Suitable training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Ensure store staff are always well groomed and smart ready for work.
- Ensure storage areas are secure, neat and clean at all times, so as to maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, sanitation, health and safety as per GDK policies.
- Maintain the food standard and presentation in accordance with GDK Standards,
- Ensuring the team is polite and efficient and provides excellent services at all times maintaining the exceptional GDK standard and quality.
- Meet and Greet’ customers whenever possible.
- Make sure the customers are enjoying their GDK meals and take action and investigate and solve to correct any customer queries or complaints.
- Thoroughly train staff regarding fire and safety procedures so as to be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms. Be able to demonstrate proper and safe usage of all equipment.
- Identify possible additional revenue opportunities
- Knowledge of ingredients and cooking methods if requested by a customer.
- Prepare duty rosters maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene procedures.
- Assist other staff where and when required.
- Ensure wastage is kept to a minimum
- Ability to work in a team and talent for motivating others, have excellent customer service skills and importantly the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Hold a basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Conduct a daily staff briefing and ensure the staff is punctual and available for each shift.
- Monitor and record temperature of freezers and chillers every hour on the hour.
- Arrange any store maintenance when required.
- To support and adhere to the equal opportunities policy of the company
- Care in service to avoid accidents
- Ensure cash/credit card security
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
any further enquiries please don't hesitate to contact,