Deli Manager - in Greece – Full Season (May ‘23 to October ‘23)
The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. A two minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for someone who is highly-motivated with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Peli Deli Kitchen has something for everyone. Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads, homemade quiches and sweet treats. The shop stocks a range of groceries and essentials, including an excellent selection of wines. Several guests pre-order shopping prior to their arrival which is all managed from the deli.
The Deli team also ensure that all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are met. We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa. In addition to this, the Deli is also home to our guest shopping service. Guests request a shopping list, a mix of Deli produce and supermarket items, in advance of their arrival and our Shopkeepers will deliver it directly to their villa. Throughout the week, guests may visit the Deli to pick up more supplies to either take away with them or have delivered.
We are looking for someone to take the lead and manage all aspects of the Deli operation. This includes the overall running of the restaurant side of the Deli and ensuring it is always well stocked with fresh produce and looking its best.
This is a challenging role for someone who is self-motivated, has a passion for great service, is highly organised and able to manage their time and their team effectively. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from a job well done.
- Manage the daily operations of the Deli Ensure the Deli, both front and back of house, is always well maintained
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- With the Deli Head Chef, ensure menus and daily specials are prepared and communicated in good time
- Ensure the Deli is always well stocked and liaise with the Deli Head Chef to minimise waste
- Maintain a clear procedure and formula for pricing produce
- Ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Work with the club’s reception team to coordinate all in-villa and Odyssey trip dining requirements
- Ensure that all hamper orders are prepared to a consistently high standard and delivered in good time
- Manage the guest shopping service - ensuring that all orders are fulfilled and presented in the correct manner
- Report to the general management team on a regular basis to review guest feedback, staff welfare and development and the Deli’s financial position
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Encourage and maintain good communication amongst the deli team and with the club team
- Ensure all products and services are billed to guest’s accounts correctly
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Liaise with the Deli Head Chef to maintain good profit margins on food
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working in a restaurant or deli environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position
- Extensive food & beverage knowledge
- Strong knowledge of allergens and food labelling standards
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (April-October)
- A Full Driving License
- EU Passport Holder