Site Acquisitions Manager - Nationwide
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
REPORTS TO: Operations & Development Director (Adventure Leisure & Ninja Leisure) and the Operations Director (Golf)
LOCATION: Mobile role in the UK and Ireland
SALARY: Circa £50k pa dependant on experience plus excellent benefits (including company car and site finder bonus incentive scheme based on successful acquisition and outlets performance)
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
CEO, Head of Property & Development, Operations & Development Director (Adventure Leisure & Ninja Leisure), Operations Director (Golf), Building & Project Manager, Property Department, Finance team.
Our Vision is to have great destinations for every golf and leisure activity. From an outstanding collection of golf clubs, a rapidly expanding range of indoor and outdoor adventure golf, state of the art health & fitness venues to a 15th century lodge and a diverse portfolio of real estate.
This is a role based wherever you are pursuing a deal so could be in any of the major cities in the UK or Ireland.
Responsible for the expansion of our portfolio, the role will focus on the sourcing of development opportunities (site identification), deal negotiation and acquisition of land/sites, the planning process obtaining satisfactory consents, through to supporting the construction phase. You will be developing relationships with key third parties along the way such as landlords, local authorities, subject experts, agents and developers.
Our ambitions to continue to expand our portfolio could, at some stage in the future, explore opportunities in Europe.
- Identifying, negotiating and acquiring freehold and leasehold deals to build new Adventure Leisure, Ninja Leisure and Golf sites where there are opportunities for us to add significant value to the Group.
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities as well as continually monitoring competitor activity.
- Be responsible for aspects of the sourcing phase including vendor shortlisting, competitive tender management, price and contract negotiations.
- Undertaking necessary due diligence relating to potential opportunities including: CMA, demographic profiling/benchmarking and assistance with the business plans.
- Conduct price analysis and benchmarking activities prior to leading negotiations.
- Liaise with local authorities, agents, architects, solicitors, contractors and others, ensuring that the most suitable sites are acquired.
- Assist in collating build costs, market research and local planning policy information to successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition.
- Undertake site assessments, development assessments, legal and planning due diligence on all opportunities.
- Liaise with land and property owners and their advisors to negotiate purchases or lease acquisitions.
- Negotiation with landowners, land agents and solicitors to secure favourable commercial terms for the company on all potential projects.
- Deal management, chasing and co-ordinating with relevant stakeholder to complete purchases.
- Procuring and chasing quotes for planning surveys and reports.
- Manage planning applications life cycle from original submission, liaising with senior management, through to consent and discharge of conditions.
Perform relevant related duties as requested by your line manager and Senior Management Team.
KEY EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record in site finding is essential. Site finding experience across residential, commercial and agricultural properties is advantageous.
- Experience required in acquisitions, land buying, commercial property and planning, and lease negotiations.
- Ability to use commercial judgment and experience to balance risk, resolve conflicts of interest and make tough decisions to support long term business benefit.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation/persuasion skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with excellent presentation skills.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Full knowledge of Landlord & Tenant, Planning and development law and processes.
- Ability to source deals from unconventional and off-market sources.
- Organised and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree-level education (2:1 minimum), or equivalent, ideally in a relevant discipline.
- Ideally MRICS or equivalent qualification.
- Sound commercial property and legal acumen.
- A full driving licence and the ability to travel throughout the UK and occasionally some parts of Europe.
- Good understanding of Landlord and Tenant law and working knowledge of commercial property legal agreements.
- Site finder bonus incentive scheme.
- Company car or car allowance.
- Group pension scheme.
- Group life insurance.
- Private health insurance.
- Staff discounts available for golf and leisure activities, food and retail purchases.