Events Sales Coordinator - Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa - Chester, Cheshire
Full Time & Part Time Roles
Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa is set within 27 acres of Cheshire woodland, and you’ll experience the peace and tranquillity of a faraway destination. The combination of a peaceful, picturesque location and excellent accessibility makes Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa the ideal place for weddings, meetings, and events, with our first-class spa and leisure facilities putting the hotel on the map as one of the most popular destinations in the area for pure indulgence.
Becoming a team member here at Macdonald Hotels & Resorts means joining a team where a world of opportunity exists to develop your skills and progress your career in hospitality.
About a role:
We are looking for an experienced Events Sales Office Coordinator to support our event sales team; this role is pivotal to the hotel’s ongoing success.
Creativity, detail and enthusiasm are critical attributes for this role, as well as strong organisational skills. Hotel experience is preferable, as is knowledge of Opera or at least similar systems.
Outline Job Description:
- Support the Sales Manager to maximise revenue and profit for the hotel through solid communication and organisational skills
- Maximising meeting room occupancy and understanding of the local marketplace and that our sales strategies correlate to this
- Managing sales diary for all our meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 350 delegates
- Maintaining relationships with current clients and building relationships with new potential clients
- Work as part of the current Sales office team
- Post event feedback - ensure guest satisfaction
- Correct billing pre/post event
- Working closely with all departments to ensure client satisfaction
- Planning of events and production of function sheets
- Show rounds for clients and represent the hotel at local networking events & agent familiarisation Trips and events
- Strong organisational skills
- Word /excel
- Great telephone manner
- Flexible with working hours
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Min 6 months of experience
Full-time and Part-time roles available
- Substantial discount on rooms across the Macdonald Hotels & Resorts group for yourself and friends & family
- Refer a Friend scheme that pays up to £600 for each successful referral that you make
- Tips Free use of our leisure, pool and gym facilities at off-peak times
- 25% discount on food and drink and spa treatments across our hotels and resorts
- 20% discount on golf
- Live-in accommodation available on request
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality in Action
- Access to Wagestream offers a real-time view of accrued pay and access to earned wages, as well as a savings function and independent financial tips.
- Auto-enrolment into our pension scheme
- Uniform provided and free meals when on duty